PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] needed: Dreamweaverr substitute - Site Management

dawhoo
September 22nd, 2008, 06:00 AM
I can't stop using Dreamweaver, not for the wysiwyg, but because of the site management capabilities. I manage a lot of sites and I love the way Dreamweaver handles the site manager.

Specifically, if I am editing a local file, I highlight the file in the folder view and click "upload" the file uploads into the correct folder on the remote site. I can then click on and open another local file, in a different folder, click upload and that file is uploaded into the corresponding folder on the server.

I'm managing upto 50 different domains with different content and changing the remote folder location and then the local folder location can be time consuming, distracting and a source of a lot of accidental uploads. Dreamweaver keeps track of the upload to make sure it goes into the correct corresponding folder on the server. I don't worry about the folder, it takes care of it, presumably by magic.

This is why I can't stop using Dreamweaver.

Is there a something similar for X/K/Ubuntu? Dreamweaver's multisite manager and FTP folder management is the only thing keeping me from using only Kubuntu.

If such a creature exists, please let me know. I've tried so many different applications. Is there a specific name for that functionality?

Thanks.

Ryadt
September 22nd, 2008, 06:04 AM
Kompozer is in the repos.
But dreamweaver can be installed via wine.

dawhoo
September 22nd, 2008, 07:52 AM
Kompozer doesn't seem to have the functionality, unless I'm missing something, which could be the case.

I'm trying Dreamweaver (again) maybe this time, I'll get it to work, 'cuase that would solve the problem well enough