PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Audacity for a nooblet

coolethan
September 22nd, 2008, 02:49 AM
ok i really need to get audacity working on my computer but i am completely linux illiterate. i think there was another thread here about how to do it but i didn't get a single thing out of it. what i need to know is what i need to download, where i can get it and then what to do with it after that. i also don't understand anything about code. lots of threads here say put this code in but i don't know where i'm supposed to input this code information. i'm pretty much in need of a step by step tutorial here. i'm running ubuntu 7.10 but i will be upgrading to 8.04 within a day or two if not a few hours. friggen why can't ubuntu be like everyone else and just install the crap without having to compile and install 50 different things. also when i upgrade to 8.04 will that include the codecs that are required for playing mp3 files and other things like that that weren't included in 7.10 because the computer i'm using isn't hooked up to the internet so i have to transfer everything from my XP to the other one so i'm unable to download them everytime i need one.

rsambuca
September 22nd, 2008, 02:57 AM
Open a terminal: Applications - Accessories - Terminal

Enter the following:

sudo apt-get install audacity
Press Enter.

aysiu
September 22nd, 2008, 02:59 AM
Go to Applications > Add/Remove, show all available applications, and search for audacity

More details here:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/installingsoftware