PDA

View Full Version : Any ubuntu advertisements?

jeyaganesh
September 21st, 2008, 06:11 PM
Any one have idea to make ubuntu advertisement?

Daveski
September 21st, 2008, 10:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqcUJ0gbgp4

I guess Ubuntu does not need advertising, rather it needs exposure - and this is something we can all do. Let someone see you working on your PC.

SirBismuth
September 23rd, 2008, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqcUJ0gbgp4

I guess Ubuntu does not need advertising, rather it needs exposure - and this is something we can all do. Let someone see you working on your PC.

I agree here. Quite a number of people at work have see Ubuntu on my PC, with Compiz Fusion, and have had something to say. Someone even asked me how to get a them like mine on there PC, so I said install Ubuntu. I don't know if they ever did.

The multiple desktops come in handy, and people are amazed when they see me switching between them.

I have Ubuntu running at home as well, 8.04 at work and at home.

B

vishzilla
September 23rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
IMO, Linux doesnt need advertisements. Word of mouth is good enough, I feel really good handing out CDs to Pro-Windows/Mac users.

Ms_Angel_D
September 23rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
I like to show this to people I think it does rather well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTHCYjFWqHA

smartboyathome
September 23rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Here's one I wrote once (had to rewrite it today, lost in my never ending abyss of computers :p, and it is adapted to Ubuntu 8.04):

Man stands by a desktop computer with its screen facing the camera, in tan shirt (?) and black pants. Room is like a normal home office, but organized better and looking clean, and everything is made of woods and brown colors. Desktop screen has another copy of the man sitting on a couch with a macbook.

Man: Hi, I’m Ubuntu, and I’m a PC!

Zoom in to desktop computer’s screen. Have man with macbook sitting on couch using it. Couch is in a living room with a lot of browns. Macbook screen has another copy of man sitting on a wood floor with an Xbox 360 and a TV in front of him.

Man: I’m also a macbook!

Zoom in to macbook screen, which shows shows the man sitting with the TV facing the camera, and the Xbox 360 sitting in front of him. Room is made of wood and brown colors. On the TV screen, a subnetbook (Eee PC? Dell MiniNote?) is being used on a desk by the man. Perhaps the man is using it in a classroom with other people.

Man: I run on an Xbox,

Zoom in to TV screen.

Man: and even netbooks!

Slide room transition to a kid’s room, which again has browns, as well as the kid’s friends in it. Kid is in brown clothes.

Kid: It’s fun to play on,

Slide room transition again to a cubicle where people are working on stuff. Man turns around in his chair to face the camera.

Man: and work on too!

People are standing all over a crouded coffee house talking to each other, and some are helping with other people’s computers. One of the women using her laptop starts to talk. Immediately after first woman talks, everyone speaks up in unison to sound like they are completing the sentence.

Woman: The best part about it is…

Everyone: it’s completely free!

Fade out to white screen, which Ubuntu logo and text, as well as where to get Ubuntu and the trademark information. African woman speaks in this last segment.

Woman: Ubuntu Linux, Linux for Human Beings.

All the browns in the script represents Ubuntu, of course. This short script tries to incorporate many different ideas for using Ubuntu as possible. It is rough though, and I don't know if it is very good (amateur here :().

eragon100
September 23rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
I think it would be a great commercial! :)

One thing tough: it doesn't really show the bad / frustrating things of windows (and no, I am *not* talking about rights issues and that crap)

It looks a bit like "We of Ubuntu recommend Ubuntu !!" to me :(

ukripper
September 23rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
just say Billy boy recommends Ubuntu!

smartboyathome
September 23rd, 2008, 06:20 PM
I think it would be a great commercial! :)

One thing tough: it doesn't really show the bad / frustrating things of windows (and no, I am *not* talking about rights issues and that crap)

It looks a bit like "We of Ubuntu recommend Ubuntu !!" to me :(

Does it have to? This commercial is aiming for more than just Windows users, and if the people are happy with windows, let them keep it. It is just one of those "get the name out there" commercials.

aschwerin.moses
September 24th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Okay.. i think this is a really nice idea.. we need to make an Ad.. im IN

aschwerin.moses
September 24th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Like the microsoft ad.. we all can make a small clip of each one of us saying "Hi, Im a PC, with Linux in it and no antivirus"

The PC users in MS ad are hired, we are the real users :P

jeyaganesh
September 24th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I am an Ubuntu! I have no virus!

aschwerin.moses
September 24th, 2008, 09:10 AM
everyone can come out with there own line.. with PC,Ubuntu and Virus in there line.. a bunch of us here can pic the best and make a video ... people from different countries would come.. that would be awesome

jeyaganesh
September 24th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Mark Shuttleworth : I am an Ubuntu! I go to space!
Michael Dell : I am an Ubuntu! I sell Ubuntu!