PDA

View Full Version : A Question I Dont Know How To State

Musick Man
September 21st, 2008, 05:24 AM
Ok, here is what I got.

I have a old Wireless phone, and the charging base, that has a built in calling feature.

I also have a old laptop that only supports a telephone jack for internet.

Is it possible for me to take the charging base of the old phone and make it into a "Wireless Bridge" for my laptop, and then running the telephone cable from the telephone base to the laptop? And then make it connect to the Wireless internet that i have at my house?

Thanks, Musick Man

MaxIBoy
September 21st, 2008, 05:53 AM
Not gonna happen, as far as I know. The FCC makes sure that different devices run on different frequencies.

However, I bet there's some kind of external wireless modem adapter thingy that you could buy.

mcallenSchmee
September 21st, 2008, 06:11 AM
That won't work because the base station can only connect to the phone, and the phone jack on the laptop will only work for dial up internet over a phone line.

mips
September 21st, 2008, 04:25 PM
No.

init1
September 21st, 2008, 05:24 PM
Ok, here is what I got.

I have a old Wireless phone, and the charging base, that has a built in calling feature.

I also have a old laptop that only supports a telephone jack for internet.

Is it possible for me to take the charging base of the old phone and make it into a "Wireless Bridge" for my laptop, and then running the telephone cable from the telephone base to the laptop? And then make it connect to the Wireless internet that i have at my house?

Thanks, Musick Man
Yeah, my old Dell laptop is like that too. The frequencies are different however, and even if they weren't, I don't know how you'd configure it. Also, your router connects to your ISP in a completely different way than dialup does.

Musick Man
September 22nd, 2008, 01:17 AM
ok then, thanks for the responses.

Musick Man