PDA

View Full Version : C/GTK Stopwatch

sq377
September 20th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I wrote a program I find useful, now what? If others find it useful, I'd like to share it, but how should I go about it?

Also, I'd like some criticism on the code if anyone wants to look over it.

http://i37.tinypic.com/i1xu6h.png

Thanks

ad_267
June 2nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Well it's a long time since you posted this but thought I'd just say thanks, I've found this little application quite useful. :)

lyman18
May 7th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I would like to test this. I tried to compile this code with gcc, and create an output file. Is there a step I am missing.
Thanks
-Matt

ad_267
May 7th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Here's step by step instructions in terminal commands, assuming you're in the directory where you downloaded the .tar.gz file. You might have to install the cmake package first:

tar -xzf stopwatch.tar.gz
cd stopwatch
cmake .
make
./stopwatch

At the cmake step it might also complain about any missing libraries you have to install. Install them and run cmake again.

nvteighen
May 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Hm... maybe this really deserves to be a Launchpad project. There you'll find an easy way to distribute your application (and maybe even get collaboration). The only requirement is that you release your project under a FOSS license.

lyman18
May 10th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks! Worked Great

Here's step by step instructions in terminal commands, assuming you're in the directory where you downloaded the .tar.gz file. You might have to install the cmake package first:

tar -xzf stopwatch.tar.gz
cd stopwatch
cmake .
make
./stopwatch

At the cmake step it might also complain about any missing libraries you have to install. Install them and run cmake again.