PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Software which burns exact copy of your ubuntu on a DVD/CD?

Dhaun
September 20th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Hello,
I've got my eye-candy ubuntu on my desktop already set up [it took me a while] and I'd like to have it the same way on my laptop.
Is there any software which would burn the desktop ubuntu with all the apps and settings installed there on a CD/DVD so I could install it on the laptop?
I know there's a tool like that for Mac.

Thanks in advance :)

manishtech
September 20th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I personally dont recommend you to do so. This is because during installation, the installer detects the hardware and installs the hardware specific driver. If both your system are exactly same by extreme luck, then you can go ahead.

Nearly same config can be achieved by using AptOnCD. This application makes a signed repository of the downloaded and caches packages on your disk. This can then be imported on the installed ubuntu on the laptop.

P.S. : If you cant figure out anything about AptOnCD, then post back. We are here to help you out.

dje
September 20th, 2008, 07:51 PM
take a look at remastersys (http://www.remastersys.klikit-linux.com/), that should do what you want :)

dje

Dhaun
September 20th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Thank you both, I'll try remastersys.