PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Pass word gone but time for an uprgrade

BobC.
September 20th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a long time computer user ( Windows and Amiga) and partial geek (But mostly artist type though). Frequently Linux has piqued my interest. After many attempts over the years to install Linux and failing I managed to find Ubuntu and get help here to installed it about 2.5 yrs ago on a 2nd AMD machine used a KVM switch to access both computers.

The switch died a while back and I finally dug out my old monitor, mouse etc. to boot Ubuntu but I can't for the life of me remember the password now! Even though I did updates to Ubuntu I thought maybe it's time to get the latest version now. But I have no idea how to do that can someone help me and/or direct me please? A clean new install on my AMD machine seems best to me.

2.5 yrs ago I did manage to get the Ubuntu ISO somewhere and then a burn a CD. I don't remember how to do that either but I have all the required software and a CD burner XP pro 3. and blank discs. I am using Windows XP.

Any help please?

Bob C.

aysiu
September 20th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a long time computer user ( Windows and Amiga) and partial geek (But mostly artist type though). Frequently Linux has piqued my interest. After many attempts over the years to install Linux and failing I managed to find Ubuntu and get help here to installed it about 2.5 yrs ago on a 2nd AMD machine used a KVM switch to access both computers.

The switch died a while back and I finally dug out my old monitor, mouse etc. to boot Ubuntu but I can't for the life of me remember the password now! Even though I did updates to Ubuntu I thought maybe it's time to get the latest version now. But I have no idea how to do that can someone help me and/or direct me please? A clean new install on my AMD machine seems best to me.

2.5 yrs ago I did manage to get the Ubuntu ISO somewhere and then a burn a CD. I don't remember how to do that either but I have all the required software and a CD burner XP pro 3. and blank discs. I am using Windows XP.

Any help please?

Bob C.
Try this:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/resetpassword

BobC.
September 20th, 2008, 06:57 PM
WooooHoooo! Ahem.. I mean thank you VERY much aysiu. I'm back into my Ubuntu machine! :-D

I have noticed what appears to be a formal "Thank You" process here. If that is true I would be please to thank you formally. How do I do that?

Bob C.