PDA

View Full Version : Greetings I'm a Linux Newb..

kmfdmk
November 20th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Hello everybody, I'm a little new to linux. I've used live boot cd's in the past such as Dynebolic, Mepis, PHLAK, Knopix, Knoppix STD etc. I've recently installed Ubuntu at the reccomendation of a close friend and linux nut.

I've done a quick search on the forums, however is there a single faq thread for Linux WIFI/Network security tools? (as well as how to properly install/config/run etc).

I did do a search however a few of the linked links there were listed were dead.

Also a quick question, any quick help on how to change my GRUB boot loader to set XP as my default boot partition instead of ubuntu??

poofyhairguy
November 20th, 2005, 12:31 AM
Welcome.

I've done a quick search on the forums, however is there a single faq thread for Linux WIFI/Network security tools? (as well as how to properly install/config/run etc).

Like what in paricular?

kmfdmk
November 20th, 2005, 12:35 AM
I'm familiar with using windows based scanning and security progams, like Nessus, LANguard, NetStumbler etc. I'm looking for their linux equivalents, and to hopefully find what's the most popular/widely supported programs.

I've heard of AirSnort, and I know that others exist however I'm not sure what/where I should be looking. In addition to utilities/tools that display avail. networks/Channels & AP's I'm looking for something that has similiar SNR display like NetStumbler.