PDA

View Full Version : yet another newbie thread.

alex_klement
November 19th, 2005, 11:07 PM
hi everyone,

recent linux convert here, after years of using nt/xp. i thought i'd not be rude and come here and say hello, before i repeatedly request annoyingly simple advice from you guys.

you'll probably find me hanging around the newbie forum quite a bit.

thanks in advance

alex

codejunkie
November 19th, 2005, 11:16 PM
hi everyone,

recent linux convert here, after years of using nt/xp. i thought i'd not be rude and come here and say hello, before i repeatedly request annoyingly simple advice from you guys.

thanks in advance

alex Welcome to the forums, and feel free to ask away that's what were here for.

Nana
November 19th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Hi there, nice to meet you! :D

I've noticed the people are generally very friendly here, so don't worry about your "annoyingly simple" questions. ;) That's what the forums are for, anyway.

xequence
November 19th, 2005, 11:30 PM
hi everyone,

thanks in advance

alex

The annoying simple questions are the only ones I can answer, so ask away :P

DJ_Max
November 19th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Welcome,
Just make sure your question hasn't been answered a hundred times before, and please read the manual/guide (http://help.ubuntu.com). It will save you a lot of time, and reading is fundamental...

darkmatter
November 19th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Welcome aboard

alex_klement
November 20th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Welcome,
Just make sure your question hasn't been answered a hundred times before, and please read the manual/guide (http://help.ubuntu.com). It will save you a lot of time, and reading is fundamental...

thanks. i'm currently wading through loads of documentation and howtos, now that i've got my internet connection up again on my ubuntu box.