PDA

View Full Version : Individual Lead tracking software

nuclearj
September 20th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Okay so I've been looking on the interweb for the last hour or so for an individual, non-web, non-CRM based, lead management software. I just want to install the program, import my leads, and be able to call (manually) and manage the results of those calls in the program. The biggest and best automated part being date and time callbacks.

So it looks like I found a need to fill, my own and, I assume, others that want a simple, individual, lead management software, and for free! That's very important.

If you cannot find it either (I doubt you will), I guess I will have to put it together myself (and ask alot of questions for help from others) starting with:

In Python, how or what is the general idea to import a csv file into the program and cycle through those entries? I am going to start with a text based program unitl a GUI is needed. Thanks!

intel
September 20th, 2008, 08:10 PM
why can't you just use a spreadsheet like normal people ?

or are you makin this software for other people ?

pp.
September 20th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Please forgive me for being blunt. Judging by the question in your OP as well as by another thread in this forum it appears that you have not yet learned to program at all. If that is the case, such an undertaking might be well beyond your current capabilities and I'd advise to learn programming first, starting difficult projects later.

pmasiar
September 21st, 2008, 02:08 AM
Don't try to run: learn first crawl and walk.

See wiki in my sig for simple (and more advanced) training tasks