PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] scanning pictures

Georgia boy
September 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Hi. Maybe I have just been using the wrong terms for checkning for being able to scan in pictures from my HP 750 Scanner, Printer, Copier. But, I can't seem to find the right subject to help me.

What do we use to be able to scan pictures in from the scanner and then be able to put into the picture folder? I checked for some thing in the forum but can't seem to find anything.

I have some pictures that I want to be able to scan in to the folder then send them to my family. Would appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks in advance.
Have a wonderful weekend guys!!!!!!!!! ):P

Tom

HermanAB
September 19th, 2008, 06:12 PM
It is called Sane (Scanner Access Now Easy). Install the Sane package and your scanner should work.

richg
September 19th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I have Xsane and Kooka for scanning. I usually use Kooka. The only issue is OCR is not available, at least for me, in Ubuntu when scanning.

Rich

timcredible
September 19th, 2008, 06:32 PM
imo, kooka is way better than xsane, but both should work. as for ocr, kooka and xsane both support it - i think you have to install an ocr plugin for it though, maybe via synaptic, i forget, i did it once about 5 years ago just to see what it was like, but i never had a use for it, and haven't installed it on any systems since.