PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation, GAG, GParted and fdisk won't recognize hard drive

markb52
September 19th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Installation, GParted and fdisk won't recognize hard drive. I got a good deal on an Everex GPC2 TC2512 with the gOS V2 operating system. I initially installed ubuntu and it crashed when I tried running the updates??? I hit the power button and when I re-powered back up ubuntu was gone. I tried to re-install but when I get to step 4 where the installation is supposed to recognize the partitions and hard drive it comes up with nothing. ubuntu live runs fine but when I try to run Gparted it to recognizes nothing. Win '98 fdisk recognizes nothing either. I tried running GAG and it doesn't recognize anything either. All I want to do is format the hard drive and do a fresh install. I have nothing I need saved.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

wpshooter
September 19th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Get www.killdisk.com to WIPE the drive completely clean and then install Ubuntu from the ALTERATE CD version.

Good luck.

markb52
September 19th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Get www.killdisk.com to WIPE the drive completely clean and then install Ubuntu from the ALTERATE CD version.

Good luck.

Thanks, I'll try it tonight. What exactly is an ALTERATE CD version? I won't be able to install from the .iso disk I initially used?

Thanks,

Mark

markb52
September 20th, 2008, 04:33 AM

Good luck.

Nope. Killdisk doesn't recognize the hard drive either. It recognizes my external hard drive when I plug it in though. Now what guys?

Mark

markb52
September 22nd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Nope. Killdisk doesn't recognize the hard drive either. It recognizes my external hard drive when I plug it in though. Now what guys?

Mark

HELP ME!

Mark