PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] How to disable window snapping?

dhtseany
September 19th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hi,
I've enabled the fancy desktop features. It's cool and all but I have one really annoying problem: How do I make the windows stop snapping to a section of the screen? (Top, bottom, left or right). I've tried playing with some of the check boxes but I can't seem to find the correct one.

Any help would be sweet

Thanks,
Sean

howefield
September 19th, 2008, 03:47 PM
try unchecking Snap Inverted in advanced desktop effects settings, wobbly windows options.

scouser73
September 19th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Hi, go to Advanced Desktop Effects Manager, scroll down to Window Management and untick Snapping Windows.

Ptero-4
September 19th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Just enable wobbly windows. It disables window snapping.

dhtseany
September 19th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried all of them and none of them made a difference. I verified that wobbly windows is checked and working. I also made sure that window snapping is disabled. While the windows are now wobbling (which is cool:)) they are all still snapping. Will I have to just disable the cool effects all together or is there something else I can try?

Peace
Sean

Joe_archer
September 19th, 2008, 11:39 PM
make sure you do the above and turn off the "snapping windows" plugin in the window management section of the compiz config manager.

that solved the issue for me anyway!

dhtseany
September 20th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Yeah dude I did. Anyone else got some ideas? Maybe reinstalling the advanced features thing?

Thanks,
Sean

Anjue
June 16th, 2009, 05:06 AM
It's in windows management -> Move windows -> tick off constrain y

Therion
June 16th, 2009, 05:41 AM
As mentioned, turn OFF the "Snapping Windows" plugin.
Then open the Wobbly Windows plugin.
There's a checkbox in there labeled "Snap Inverted".
Clear it.
THAT should solve the problem.