PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] my Ubuntu installation stops at step 6; what shall I do in order to finish it?

ieBrazil
September 19th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I have a laptop (Acer, TravelMate 2480), Windows XP Professional and want to have two OS: XP and Ubuntu 7.10.

I double click on the icon, and fill all the stuff, but it don't pass to the step 7. It stops all the time in the 6 one.

Why?

I've just reveived this Live CD and loved it. I am copying the cd for my friends... they'll enjoy it too!

Tnx!!!!!!!!!!!

Hail to Ubuntu!

ieBrazil

erykroom
September 19th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Check the cd for defets. Its should be prompted in the boot menu where you can choose start or install ubuntu. If the cd has no defects then select from the languaege choosing application english for the installation. I have had the same problem once and it did the thing for me. I hope it helps

nvance
September 19th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Greetings,

Try to do the install with the text format (I think this is still an option) or do the install within XP (not booting from the livecd).

Lastly, depending on where the livecd is from, it might have encountered an error when it was burned. Boot from the cd and choose the option to check the cd for errors to ensure that you got a clean burn. I have had the issue also that I just had to re-burn the cd/dvd at a lower rate of speed and then upon trying to re-install it worked properly. Also, I think there is an alternate install ISO file that you can download that might work.

Good Luck, I hope you can figure out the issue.

ieBrazil
September 19th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Greetings,

Try to do the install with the text format (I think this is still an option) or do the install within XP (not booting from the livecd).

Lastly, depending on where the livecd is from, it might have encountered an error when it was burned. Boot from the cd and choose the option to check the cd for errors to ensure that you got a clean burn. I have had the issue also that I just had to re-burn the cd/dvd at a lower rate of speed and then upon trying to re-install it worked properly. Also, I think there is an alternate install ISO file that you can download that might work.

Good Luck, I hope you can figure out the issue.

tnx.

You see, I've already checked the cd for defects and was said that it's alright, you know. So, don know what to do. Let me try what you've said above.