PDA

View Full Version : Profile Picture

mc4100
September 19th, 2008, 05:39 AM
I'm just curious, I just added a profile image for the first time, and I've no idea how long it takes to finally be shown ... it's been ages.
I assume this is normal; what's the average overhead?

For that matter, is it just me that can't see it. Can you?

Edit: I mean, God, eh,...
Avast! Aye ah do swear on me monkey, that if 't should appear on this 'eer post.... Yargh, shiver me timbers. An' Yo-ho-ho, an' all tha'.

frankleeee
September 19th, 2008, 06:07 AM
It should show immediately you may have not installed in the system.

mike1234
September 19th, 2008, 06:14 AM
I'm just curious, I just added a profile image for the first time, and I've no idea how long it takes to finally be shown ... it's been ages.

Avast! Aye ah do swear on me monkey, that if 't should appear on this 'eer post.... Yargh, shiver me timbers. An' Yo-ho-ho, an' all tha'.

As long as you select "use custom avatar" and choose option #2 to upload it from your computer and "save changes", it will work. Just keep trying, you can do it. :) Like above post, just make sure it's on your computer or link to another site.

M.

cardinals_fan
September 19th, 2008, 06:16 AM

There's a difference between your profile pic and your avatar. The former works fine; the latter hasn't been chosen yet. To see the profile pic, click "Quick Links" and "Your Profile".

LaRoza
September 19th, 2008, 06:18 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/customprofilepics/profilepic304747_2.gif

That is your profile picture, no?

An avatar, which you see on the post, is different. http://ubuntuforums.org/profile.php?do=editavatar

mc4100
September 19th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks guys, yes I did presume that profile pic was synonymous with avatar. I've got it working now.