PDA

View Full Version : Adobe flash 10 RC2 is out

oobuntoo
September 18th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Adobe flash 10 RC2 is out now (Sept. 17)

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/news/flash_player_10_coming_around_the_final_bend

I'm gonna try it out later.
:guitar:

oobuntoo
September 18th, 2008, 01:13 AM
So far so good. The menu-falling-hehind-flash-video problem seems to have been solved. Flash video screen tearing when using compiz is gone. Still get the vertical-lines artifacts on video thumbnails on youtube.com where it said "Videos being watched right now..." No Firefox crash yet. Fingers crossed.

Joeb454
September 18th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Moved to Community Cafe

OutOfReach
September 18th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Sweet, I'll try out later.

Daisuke_Aramaki
September 18th, 2008, 01:49 AM
on a related note, has neone had problems watchin the daily show clips, and the colbert report clips online from comedy central websites? i have been havin this problem for weeks, and from the comments of ppl over at the sites, it seems like it happened to most, irrespective of the OS. :( i thot since i am located in germany, may be some crazy copyrite issues of some kind. but i am able to watch their latest clips when they are embedded on an external website, like huffpost for instance! so that cud be flash problem related then? may be problem from comedy central side? i even tried useragent switcher and set it to ie7 vista, but no change! :( haven't tried with a windows machine myself yet tho!

can someone enlighten please? i love the shows and i effin can't watch 'em!

oobuntoo
September 18th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Are you talking about www.colbertnation.com ? It seems to work fine here with Firefox on both Windows and Linux. I'm in the U.S. I don't if that makes a difference. Anyone else in Germany having this problem?

Hells_Dark
September 18th, 2008, 09:09 AM
It seems to work better than the previous RC. No crash yet.

Daisuke_Aramaki
September 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Are you talking about www.colbertnation.com ? It seems to work fine here with Firefox on both Windows and Linux. I'm in the U.S. I don't if that makes a difference. Anyone else in Germany having this problem?

yup. i am talkin about the official websites. thedailyshow.com and colbertnation.com. doesn't work at all!:(

oobuntoo
September 18th, 2008, 02:03 PM
If you use Adblock addon for Firefox, try disabling it to see if it works. It won't play for me neither if I enabled it for that website.

Update: On Linux with Flash 10 rc2, there was only audio initially, the video only shows up when I click on the browser where the video should be.

Dougie187
September 18th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but do you guys know if there is still an issue with flash being always on top?

You can try it out by going to best buy's webside, and if you turn on flash then the main flash movie in the middle of the screen should be on top of the to navigate their site.

conundrumx
September 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Flash 10 is supposed to resolve such issues.

StOoZ
September 18th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Solved

StOoZ
September 18th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Solved

Therion
September 18th, 2008, 07:43 PM
64-bit solution?

Hello? Adobe?

Anyone...

[crickets chirp...]

/Cue the Tumbleweed!!

kingmanowar
September 19th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I am trying the RC2 on hardy and firefox is always crashing on http://tf1.lci.fr/
Could anyone try this website please ? It is the only crash I have seen at the moment. Youtube is fine and really smooth even in fullscreen.

Thanks

th3james
September 21st, 2008, 05:05 PM
EDIT: Just got this installed from adobe's site (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html), it seems like a bit improvement on the old one, full screen performance is vastly improved, and the bug when leaving full screen is fixed from the last RC.

So i'm happier, but still wishing for an open flash...

m0ntels
September 23rd, 2008, 03:43 AM
Full screen is much better, exiting full screen is fine, menus on the Best Buy site that was recommended for testing work fine.

I used Youtube and Adult Swim for full screen tests. Youtube works perfect, but on Adult Swim, if I wiggle the mouse around and it goes over what would be a link in normal mode, it makes a flicker, but I'm not mosuing around in full screen mode anyway, so not a big deal.

This was one of the few big issues I had with linux, so a big thumbs up to Adobe for this one.