PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Linuxfest

lyceum
September 18th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I cannot make the Wednesday meetings, so I am normally out of the loop. Will there be an Ubuntu booth at Linuxfest?

jpeddicord
September 18th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Sure will. Vorian just got things finalized with the OLF folks for the booth, System76 has confirmed to send two demo laptops to return later, and I'm currently in contact with Canonical regarding booth swag & materials. :)

lyceum
September 18th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Cool. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help :)

mike1234
September 18th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Can you post or point to some more info about this event? I live in Ohio and have never heard of it. :(

M.

jpeddicord
September 18th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Can you post or point to some more info about this event? I live in Ohio and have never heard of it. :(

M.

http://ohiolinux.org/ :)

zerhacke
September 19th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I want to go to this so badly but won't have the funds to attend. :( Someone recap all the good stuff for me after it's over, will ya?

jpeddicord
September 19th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I want to go to this so badly but won't have the funds to attend. :( Someone recap all the good stuff for me after it's over, will ya?

Maybe there is someone going in your area you could carpool with? Registration is free. In any case, I'm sure we'll get video & plenty of pictures. :)

zerhacke
September 20th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I did not know it was free, Jacob. Allow me to read over the site some.

Ok, read it. Am I to understand that the Enthusiast package (the free one, right?) is only for Saturday? That's fine with me, as it means I could possibly talk my truck driver father into going with me for the day and coming back the same day. He won't be able to stay the night and won't be in from the road until Saturday morning.

Works well for me. Let me know if my assumptions are correct please.

jpeddicord
September 20th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I did not know it was free, Jacob. Allow me to read over the site some.

Ok, read it. Am I to understand that the Enthusiast package (the free one, right?) is only for Saturday? That's fine with me, as it means I could possibly talk my truck driver father into going with me for the day and coming back the same day. He won't be able to stay the night and won't be in from the road until Saturday morning.

Works well for me. Let me know if my assumptions are correct please.

Yup, you got it. The free pass is the most popular. The supporter pass ($65) gets you into the after-party, a T-Shirt, and the lunch on Saturday. There are no restrictions on the show floor or presentations if you get the free pass.

zerhacke
September 20th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Now there's a prompt reply! LOL

Alright, let me make a few phone calls and I will see if I can attend.

Hope to see you there, cross your fingers for me.

TheIdiotThatIsMe
September 20th, 2008, 08:56 PM
By any chance anyone in NE Ohio attending that would be okay with a tag a long carpoolie? :)

StitchJAcket
October 2nd, 2008, 06:57 PM
I'm kind of new to Ubuntu but I live in Ohio and will be attending Ohio Linux Fest. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I live in Cincinnati

dchosenb
October 11th, 2008, 02:55 AM
I will be there, meeting as many people as is physically possible! :)

________
Ken
http://ubuntero.org

trucker124
October 11th, 2008, 03:45 AM
I live in southern Auglaize cty. Anyone need a ride?

klange
October 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I'll be there in ~11, save me a shirt!