PDA

View Full Version : How critical or is it to subscribe to BUG reports.

hvac3901
September 17th, 2008, 11:46 PM
While running Intrepid on my desktop, the system picked up a error, and started the reporting process all by itself. I was led to my launchpad account. And found the BUG already existed, Does it matter if i subscribe or not to existing bugs?

FuturePilot
September 18th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Not really, but if it's a bug that affects you and/or you have any info you can add to the report you might want to subscribe to it so you can receive status updates and you will know when it's been fixed.

KIAaze
September 18th, 2008, 12:10 AM
From my personal experience, the only bugs that were worth subscribing to were the bugs I found by searching manually on the net (or which I submitted myself of course).

Because those are usually the bugs that really bother you and to which you want a solution.

The other bugs, the ones where you suddenly get a crash report while you have no idea what crashed, are not worth subscribing too IMO.
That being said, I still subscribe to them anyway since they get labelled automatically for me in gmail, so getting a lot of them is not a big issue for me. (they don't get a lot of comments anyway)

Also, since you can always unsubscribe from a bug if you think you get to many mails because of it, I don't see where the problem is. ;)

hvac3901
September 18th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Cool thank you.