PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Buttons now looks difrent in non-KDE applications.

chrisruls00
September 17th, 2008, 10:08 PM
After I updated something along the likes of Qtk, All the buttons and scrollbars etc. changed to some old windows 98 looking boring style. I checked my system settings but nothing changed! I even made sure that "use KDE theme for non-KDE applications" Option was checked. I assume the upgrade changed something. Can anyone help?

Daisuke_Aramaki
September 18th, 2008, 01:57 AM
After I updated something along the likes of Qtk, All the buttons and scrollbars etc. changed to some old windows 98 looking boring style. I checked my system settings but nothing changed! I even made sure that "use KDE theme for non-KDE applications" Option was checked. I assume the upgrade changed something. Can anyone help?

assuming ur talkin about kde 3.5 and u installed the gtk-qt-engine update that was made available yesterday? if yes, then this wud help. the update that u installed is directed at kde4.1 users, but it installs over the current engine, thereby screwing up and totally removing the configuration option as well from the kde control center. here is how i reset the thing.

goto synaptic. search for gtk-qt-engine. it will show u the latest installed version. mark that and go to Package->Force Version and u shud get another package, the one that u had before. choose that and install the package again. the settings wud return! hope that helps!

james_xxx
September 19th, 2008, 02:46 AM
How does one do this without synaptic (which most Kubuntu users do not use)?