PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried about this?

manicka
November 19th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Should I be worried about this? ;)

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1559/screenshot4uu.png

DimaIL
November 19th, 2005, 12:32 PM
nope...

darkmatter
November 19th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Should I be worried about this? ;)

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1559/screenshot4uu.png

Only if I decide to sue for copyright infringement...

manicka
November 19th, 2005, 12:50 PM
rotfl

BoyOfDestiny
November 19th, 2005, 02:54 PM

I don't get it... The Bible is not copyrighted...

Stormy Eyes
November 19th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Don't worry, unless you're a devout Christian. Personally, I'd say "rock on, man!"

matthew
November 19th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Don't worry, unless you're a devout Christian. Personally, I'd say "rock on, man!"
Even then, he's off the mark by 100x.

mstlyevil
November 19th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Just don't get it tattooed on your forehead, right hand or your butt and you will be alright. :p

erikpiper
November 19th, 2005, 09:01 PM
What does 6.66 have to do with christianity?

matthew
November 19th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Quoting from the Bible, book of Revelation chapter 13 verses 16 to 18.

And he gives to all, small and great, the poor and those who have wealth, the free and those who are not free, a mark on their right hand or on their brows; so that no man might be able to do trade but he who has the mark, even the name of the beast or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. He who has knowledge let him get (or understand) the number of the beast; because it is the number of a man: and his number is Six hundred and sixty-six.
quoted from a translation called "The Bible in Basic English"

So, 6.66 has nothing to do with Christianity. I think the OP was just making a joke because of the similarity to the "number of the beast."

Didn't see the mstlyevil's butt tattoo, though. (and for that I am truly grateful) <this was a whimsical joke for those who missed it>

manicka
November 19th, 2005, 10:10 PM
I think the OP was just making a joke because of the similarity to the "number of the beast."

that's correct :)

darkmatter
November 19th, 2005, 11:44 PM
I don't get it... The Bible is not copyrighted...

Just a joke...was implying that I'm the "beast".

Carbon Copy Man
November 20th, 2005, 02:36 AM
I'm currently in the midst of suing a number of Christian organisations for the copyright infringement of my book, "The Bible". My team of lawyers have extracted a cumulative amount of more than 42 pages of writing that seem to be lifted directly from a novel I'd written 20 years before the first print-run of "The Bible".

A comparison:

...and because of...

...and because of...

Such blatant infringement of my brilliant novel won't be ignored.

matthew
November 20th, 2005, 02:48 AM
I'm currently in the midst of suing a number of Christian organisations for the copyright infringement of my book, "The Bible". My team of lawyers have extracted a cumulative amount of more than 42 pages of writing that seem to be lifted directly from a novel I'd written 20 years before the first print-run of "The Bible".

Such blatant infringement of my brilliant novel won't be ignored.
LOL :)

aysiu
November 20th, 2005, 04:05 AM
I don't get it... The Bible is not copyrighted... Actually, it is. The inside of my Bible says this:
The NIV text may be quoted in any form (written, electronic or audio), up to and inclusive of five hundred (500) verses without express written permission of the publisher, provided verses quoted do no[t] amount to a complete book of the Bible nor do the verses quoted account for 25 percent or more of the total text of the work in which they are quoted.

Notice of copyright must appear on the title or copyright page of the work as follows:

Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION [yada yada yada] Sure, that may just mean that the translation is copyrighted and not the Bible itself, but I have a bit of trouble reading Hebrew, Aramaic, and Ancient Greek.

matthew
November 20th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Actually, it is. The inside of my Bible says ... Sure, that may just mean that the translation is copyrighted and not the Bible itself, but I have a bit of trouble reading Hebrew, Aramaic, and Ancient Greek.
Most translations made after the 1960's are copyrighted. The original language texts are obviously not. This seems to be unique to translations for western countries--North America and Western Europe.