PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Laptop blocking

Rim3nX
September 16th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I have MSI M670X laptop, and I have install XP and Xubuntu on different partitions. On the partition Ext3 I have used more then one Linux, and with each one the same thing happens. As soon as I update system and do a bit of decoration, next time Linux starts, after bit of time after using few applications, after terminal the most, system simply blocks. In case of Ubuntu x64 edition, it blocks for a limited time, but in Xubuntu x86 edition it seams it blocks for good. What is the F***ing problem with my laptop and linux. XP also blocks but only for 1 sec or less.

manishtech
September 16th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I cant figure out what happens. Did you ever try the 32-bit version. Most of my friends were facing problems with 64-bits. Still unable to figure out why.

Rim3nX
September 17th, 2008, 10:18 AM
the Xubuntu that I have just install is blocking more then 64 version of Ubuntu. I guess it has something with the Updates, cause the first or the second time it doesn't block at all, but after I update the laptop and I use the drivers for nVidia 6100 Go, blocks are inevitable. But 32bit Xubuntu, when it blocks, freezes, he ain't gona unblock after a few minutes like Ubuntu64 did, he blocks for good.

Bucky Ball
September 17th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I cant figure out what happens. Did you ever try the 32-bit version. Most of my friends were facing problems with 64-bits. Still unable to figure out why.
Were your friends doing the hybrid 64bit/32bit setup also manistech? Maybe that was the prob.

manishtech
September 17th, 2008, 10:52 AM
My friends have 64-bit system and first they tried out 64-bit ones and fell to lots of problems. The 32-bit ones saved them.

:( I dont have a 64-bit system to test out such versions.