PDA

View Full Version : let me introduce myself

h0lix
November 19th, 2005, 12:22 AM
after getting tired of window$ and all the grief bundled with it i decided to explore some new OS options. This is my first post but i have been using ubuntu for about 2 weeks now. i must say that i am extremely impressed and with a little determination i think i can make ubuntu fit nicely. before this i had _no_ linux exeperience at all. ergo, the terminal is scary, but im learning.

i cant say that i am completely free of windows yet, im currently dual booting but i have ubuntu and windows installed on seperate drives. Once i think i can fully manage ubuntu and get what i need accomplished it will be time so say goodbye to windows forever.

ive got a few questions but ive used this forum a lot already to solve minor problems. now that i know that there is a place where i can ask seemingly dumb questions and not get harassed (at least not harassed too much ;) ) i look forward to seeing the better side of operating systems, im just thankful that there is an alternative for the technophiles out there.

poofyhairguy
November 19th, 2005, 12:31 AM
Welcome. Make yourself at home.

Stereotypical Rage
November 19th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Welcome to the Light side of the Force.:razz:

Parkaboy
November 19th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Hi, welcome:p