PDA

View Full Version : Me at 12 000 feet falling at a speed of 200km/h (Picture)

ODF
September 15th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Any parachute fans here ? Lets talk about your experience.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/ODF/para1.jpg

andamaru
September 16th, 2008, 12:09 AM
why jump out of a perfectly good plane :lolflag:

Whiffle
September 16th, 2008, 12:12 AM
why jump out of a perfectly good plane :lolflag:

There is no such thing as a perfectly good plane.

Skydiving is fun! I did it last fall, someday I'll do it again... :D

billgoldberg
September 16th, 2008, 12:15 AM
I wouldn't tempt fate in such a way.

Sinkingships7
September 16th, 2008, 01:33 AM
If you're the top one, gotta say: LOVIN' the blue hair, man!

ODF
September 16th, 2008, 02:31 AM
If you're the top one, gotta say: LOVIN' the blue hair, man!

The top one is the instructor. Has more than 6500 runs. He was a french army parachutist ... pretty cool heheh.

For the montréalers, http://www.paradrenaline.ca/fr/index_fr.php

kevdog
September 16th, 2008, 02:35 AM
I would love to do that one day -- great PIC -- looks awesome!

uknowho008
September 16th, 2008, 02:51 AM
not to steal the spotlight, but heres me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/uknowho008/skydiving/DSC00045.jpg

Dr Small
September 16th, 2008, 02:58 AM
I wouldn't tempt fate in such a way.
It would be awesome, but I don't think I'd want to try it. What if the parachute didn't open!?

Whiffle
September 16th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Being an engineering type who happens to hate imperial units, I think its funny that you've got both metric and imperial in the title.

/nerd moment

hvac3901
September 16th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Being an engineering type who happens to hate imperial units, I think its funny that you've got both metric and imperial in the title.

/nerd moment

:) made me laugh

amazingtaters
September 16th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I couldn't be bothered to buy pics when I did it. But, it is the most awesome thing ever done by man. Ever.

ODF
September 16th, 2008, 03:31 AM

/nerd moment

In canada we mix them all =) It's like being bilingual.

mips
September 16th, 2008, 08:51 AM
I'll have to find my pics and post. Have jumped twice already and hoping to do more ;)

karellen
September 16th, 2008, 08:58 AM
cool. I wish someday I'll do the same :)

sanderella
September 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Cool. :cool:

Ms_Angel_D
September 16th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Ok I have no guts...lmao... I'm deathly afraid of heights, so the thought of doing something like this completely freaks me out, but good on y'all for having the guts!

mips
September 16th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Ok I have no guts...lmao... I'm deathly afraid of heights, so the thought of doing something like this completely freaks me out, but good on y'all for having the guts!

I don't actually think a fear of heights comes into play here. The most nerve wrecking thing is getting out the door the first time. The second time round you cant wait to get out the door :)

insane_alien
September 16th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Its great fun, i've done a couple of solo jumps, i find them incredibly relaxing, get a little while just to yourself, great views and all your problems seem insignificant and easy to solve.

Whiffle
September 16th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I don't actually think a fear of heights comes into play here. The most nerve wrecking thing is getting out the door the first time. The second time round you cant wait to get out the door :)

No kidding! When I went, I was sitting right by the door the entire way up, and this guy kept opening it and looking around and then closing it. Then my instructor, who was tied to my back, pretended like he was pushing me out of the plane. Jokers...all of'm. I was the first one out of the door and as soon as you're out, that fear of heights disappears completely and its a blast from then on out.

Ms_Angel_D
September 16th, 2008, 02:22 PM
No way, I had nightmares after just watching somebody do it on t.v. The whole Idea of being that far off the ground just freaks me out, I took a greyhound from ohio to california, simply because I was too afraid to fly..lol.

Whiffle I love your avatar man,

Buttercup: Westley, what about the R.O.U.S.'s?
Westley: Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist