PDA

View Full Version : Thanks mods!!!

fatality_uk
September 15th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I know they have come in for some stick recently, but I have just seen two very good examples of moderation in this forum.

Keep up the good work all. It's a hard, thankless task most of the time, but please know that your help maintaining UF is very much appreciated.

Kingsley
September 15th, 2008, 09:01 PM
You're welcome!

LaRoza
September 15th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I know they have come in for some stick recently, but I have just seen two very good examples of moderation in this forum.

Keep up the good work all. It's a hard, thankless task most of the time, but please know that your help maintaining UF is very much appreciated.

What were the two good examples so we know not to do it again :-)

eragon100
September 15th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I am curious if this has anyting to do with my closed thread... :lolflag:

(Which I have continued on a forum for fantasy fans, but they are used to swordfighting and such threads over there)

I agree with the OP. Keep up the good work! :popcorn:

FuturePilot
September 15th, 2008, 09:10 PM
i know they have come in for some stick recently, but i have just seen two very good examples of moderation in this forum.

Keep up the good work all. It's a hard, thankless task most of the time, but please know that your help maintaining uf is very much appreciated.

+1 :)

DoctorMO
September 15th, 2008, 09:24 PM
+1 or er,

Thank you too! you guys do such a wonderful job and it'sa bout time we sent over the chocolates.

fatality_uk
September 15th, 2008, 09:29 PM
+1 or er,

Thank you too! you guys do such a wonderful job and it'sa bout time we sent over the chocolates.

Oi, if there's free choc's forget what I said. They do a horrible job. Send em to me instead :D

nowin4me
September 15th, 2008, 09:33 PM
+1 or er,

Thank you mods.

This is the best Fourm I have been on and I really enjoy it here.

Now where to post those chocklates?

Closed_Port
September 15th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I have just seen two very good examples of moderation in this forum.

I don't think it reflects very positively on this forum if people feel compelled to start a thread on the odd occassion they see examples of good moderation.

R_T_H
September 15th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I don't think it reflects very positively on this forum if people feel compelled to start a thread on the odd occassion they see examples of good moderation.

Wait for the mighty banhammer ;)

fatality_uk
September 15th, 2008, 10:34 PM

I could be in a minority, I don't care.

These guys and girls, to coin an Americanism, "bust their humps" day in and day out to provide us all with a first class forum. More often than not they are singled out for criticism.

I for one am sure that I could not be as objective and level headed as they are. I would fall for the flame bait all to readily I am afraid. I should know better at my age, but hey

And what's wrong with complimenting people for doing a great job?

Frak
September 15th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Starting a thread on something good they did... this must imply they do bad things?...

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/frak10/admin-1.png

LaRoza
September 15th, 2008, 10:54 PM

Does it reflect better when people make threads when they seem moderation they don't agree with? That is what happens now ;)

I for one am sure that I could not be as objective and level headed as they are. I would fall for the flame bait all to readily I am afraid. I should know better at my age, but hey

And what's wrong with complimenting people for doing a great job?
Could you give links to the two actions? Are they from the same person?

Oh yeah, shame on you for being nice. You should know better.

LaRoza
September 15th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Starting a thread on something good they did... this must imply they do bad things?...

I think it is just saying thanks and citing two things that caught his eye. I don't know who he is thinking of or what happened, but it is nice to know that somewhere someone cares.

gn2
September 15th, 2008, 10:57 PM
this must imply they do bad things?...

God only knows what they get up to in private behind closed doors!

LaRoza
September 15th, 2008, 11:07 PM
God only knows what they get up to in private behind closed doors!

God and the admins (we try to keep the line, but sometimes it gets blurry...).

perlluver
September 15th, 2008, 11:10 PM
+1 for the OP, I think the mods and admins do a fantastic job here.

clanky
September 15th, 2008, 11:12 PM

CREEP :)

I mod on a couple of forums and I know what a thankless task it can be, no matter what happens there is always going to be someone who disagrees with whatever decision is made. While I have disagreed with a few things which have been done on here I think that in general all of the mods do a good job.

Frak
September 15th, 2008, 11:56 PM
CREEP :)

I mod on a couple of forums and I know what a thankless task it can be, no matter what happens there is always going to be someone who disagrees with whatever decision is made. While I have disagreed with a few things which have been done on here I think that in general all of the mods do a good job.
3 forums, 4 game servers, and Moderate a political forum (invite only but everybody can view; it's quite nice that everybody does homework). I've come to terms that not everybody wants to thank me. They don't have to. I don't do it for the glamour, but for the work itself. I find it choevenistic when people expect a thanks in return for something we didn't ask them to do in the first place. It's kinda like saying "I am the refferee. I tell you what you cannot do and you should thank me for it."

Manchmal bin ich nicht einverstanden mit den Admins und Mods, aber ich denke, die Foren sind wunderbar!