PDA

View Full Version : Who here would like to fight with swords?

eragon100
September 15th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I would love to have a nice swordfight (in real life, that is), how about you guys?

Let's make a bloody mess of things! :guitar:

cardinals_fan
September 15th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Do you mean fencing, or an actual fight?

eragon100
September 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Do you mean fencing, or an actual fight?

Somehow, I don't think you could make a bloody mess by fencing.

Offcourse I mean a real fight! :cool:

cardinals_fan
September 15th, 2008, 07:31 PM

Offcourse I mean a real fight! :cool:
I think you have problems...

Seriously, blood/gore is only funny when it's not happening to you.

eragon100
September 15th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I do prefer to win :lolflag:

But, where is the excitement without the danger?

BrianElliott0218
September 15th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I would love to have a nice swordfight (in real life, that is), how about you guys?

Let's make a bloody mess of things! :guitar:

I already sword fight... I even win from time to time...:popcorn:

No really. There are many places you can do this. The SCA is one of them. BUT... Why is this a forum subject on the Ubuntu Forums?
~BE

Dragonbite
September 15th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Not if you do it right! ;) :lolflag:

What's your weapon of choice?

cb951303
September 15th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I had aiki-ken training from one of the pupils of saito sensei himself. I would murder you all *evil*

eragon100
September 15th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I am not fighting *yet*, and I probably won't be for another year, then I am 18 and my parents are not leggally entitled to whine about it any longer, but I guess my favorite weapon would be a short sword, since you can fight faster with them then with a long sword, right? More action = More fun!

BTW, I don't think you can fight for real at a club, right?

I mean, with blood and gore and stuff, like gladiator fights. But then again, that's probably possible nowhere (except in computer games, offcourse), if you don't want to go into jail :(

DrMega
September 15th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I think you have problems...

Seriously, blood/gore is only funny when it's not happening to you.

Blood/gore is never funny unless it is ridiculously far fetched and unbelievable. Any blood/gore that is real or believable would only be funny to someone who is in serious need of psychiatric help.

eragon100
September 15th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Blood/gore is never funny unless it is ridiculously far fetched and unbelievable. Any blood/gore that is real or believable would only be funny to someone who is in serious need of psychiatric help.

Does everyone need help, then?

Seriously, I believe about 70 % (!!) of all teenagers play violent computer games, such as unreal tournament 2004 (one of my favorite games :popcorn:), and about 90 % watches violent movies such as alien and alien vs predator, you get the point.

aaaantoine
September 15th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Does everyone need help, then?

Seriously, I believe about 70 % (!!) of all teenagers play violent computer games, such as unreal tournament 2004 (one of my favorite games :popcorn:), and about 90 % watches violent movies such as alien and alien vs predator, you get the point.

UT2004's blood and gore definitely leans more towards surreal than real.

Alien is a thriller, not a comedy. I don't know if the same can be said for AVP.

Fencing or the like would be fun, but I prefer my combat to be virtual. Here's hoping a good Wii MotionPlus swordfighting game is in the works.

LaRoza
September 15th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Violence isn't something that is encouraged on this forum.

Swords are dangerous weapons that should be handled with care and respect.