PDA

View Full Version : somebody at shipit needs new glasses :/

tais
November 18th, 2005, 10:33 PM
i got my shippit package today and i was surprised when i found only 10x x86 and 40x 64-bit cd's and no mac cd's and i ordered a standard package of 40x x86, 10x 64-bit and 5x mac cd's

does this happen very often?
should i order a new package with only 30x x86 cd's to still get to 40x because i am sure i will need 40 cd's :D
what can i do with the 40x 64-bit cd's, i dont know that many people with 64-bit pc's :/

earobinson
November 18th, 2005, 10:35 PM
oh no, it was free order it again im sure you will get over it

lotusleaf
November 18th, 2005, 10:51 PM
what can i do with the 40x 64-bit cd's, i dont know that many people with 64-bit pc's

Start a thread here with a give away offer?
Ask around in your local community?
Put an ad in the paper?
Offer one or two to computer teachers in different schools?
Distribute them at a local college?
Give them to people working in retail computer stores?

That said, I'd be happy even if the package contained one x86 CD and nothing else. ;)

23meg
November 18th, 2005, 10:53 PM
what can i do with the 40x 64-bit cd's, i dont know that many people with 64-bit pc's :/
Give them to a school that has a lab with macs.

tais
November 18th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Start a thread here with a give away offer?
Ask around in your local community?
Put an ad in the paper?
Offer one or two to computer teachers in different schools?
Distribute them at a local college?
Give them to people working in retail computer stores?

That said, I'd be happy even if the package contained one x86 CD and nothing else. ;)
roger that! got the message! :D

BWF89
November 18th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Give them to a school that has a lab with macs.
People buy macs because the software is configured to work with the hardware. What Mac user would switch from that to a foreign OS?

tageiru
November 18th, 2005, 11:44 PM
People buy macs because the software is configured to work with the hardware. What Mac user would switch from that to a foreign OS?
How about someone that actually cares about free software?

BWF89
November 18th, 2005, 11:56 PM
How about someone that actually cares about free software?
If someone cared about free software they would probably have bought a PC to install Linux on instead of spending alot more on a Mac.

23meg
November 19th, 2005, 12:04 AM
As I must have mentioned in a similar thread before, I know people who have bought Macs to run Linux audio software. My suggestion to install a free operating system on a school lab is a different matter though; you're giving the OS to the lab admin, it's not the case of a Mac user making a switch. If the admin configures everything appropriately, especially older Macs (that you find in most schools) will perform better than with MacOS and people will be able to break their preconception that a Mac has to run Apple software. Free software has to cater for all platforms, and the good thing is, it does.