PDA

View Full Version : BEST AVATAR competition

uberdonkey5
September 15th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Is there a avatar rating thread anywhere?

well, what about this..

Think you have a good avatar? Well, tell us why (maybe even a little history of your avatar may intrigue people). Also people should suggest who they thinks has the best avatar. After enough days have passed we'll see which appear to be the most popular (10?) avatars and we can use this to create a poll (someone else will have to do that 'cos I am not sure how to!)

OK, so mine is pretty rubbish; fact is this penguin actually died from swallowing the ubuntu symbol (might look pretty, but wreaks havoc in your intestines)...

god0fgod
September 15th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I don't see it. :(

Mine is Darth Vader with Mr Bean's head. No explaination required.

schauerlich
September 15th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I am your overlord.

howefield
September 15th, 2008, 06:24 PM
....OK, so mine is pretty rubbish; fact is this penguin actually died from swallowing the ubuntu symbol (might look pretty, but wreaks havoc in your intestines)...

err,.. I'll take your word for it ;)

god0fgod
September 15th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I don't get it but it looks rude.

SomeGuyDude
September 15th, 2008, 07:40 PM
From "The Son of Man" by René Magritte.

andrek
September 15th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Slash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slash_(musician)) being showed as an Adium icon. I guess it's quite clear..

lswest
September 15th, 2008, 07:45 PM
A bit of Gimping around when I was bored one day...then I slapped my handle on it and stuck it on all my Lswest profiles. No further explanation required :P

mips
September 15th, 2008, 08:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream

Chame_Wizard
September 15th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Tux as the Flash(Barry Allen):guitar:

Bungo Pony
September 15th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Talking, juggling, surfing spyware

eragon100
September 15th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I got this nice Eragon avator from the iconizer. I had to resize it, but I think it's pretty cool (and self-explanatory)

VitaLiNux
September 15th, 2008, 09:48 PM
It's a well-known Tux pic that I modded with GIMP. I put him a Gentleman hat, because I consider Tux as a classy gentleman that has given away his best for everyone and for free! And he'll keep doing it over and over...

gjoellee
September 15th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I find Stattux quite funny:)

xpod
September 15th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Mine was a Gimp aided transformation from a solitary "Scottish Tux" to the whole Clan quite soon after discovering & installing Ubuntu.

Lord Xeb
September 15th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Mine is a meme started from Orange Box and Team Fortress two with the spy :D

Whiffle
September 15th, 2008, 10:18 PM
If you've seen The Princess Bride, mine is self explanitory.

SomeGuyDude
September 15th, 2008, 10:48 PM
If you've seen The Princess Bride, mine is self explanitory.

Stop SAYING that!

jimi_hendrix
September 15th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Slash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slash_(musician)) being showed as an Adium icon. I guess it's quite clear..

2 slashes are better then one...number 2 guitarist in my book...too bad they didnt have a jimi hendrix slash

billgoldberg
September 15th, 2008, 11:14 PM
well, what about this..

Think you have a good avatar? Well, tell us why (maybe even a little history of your avatar may intrigue people). Also people should suggest who they thinks has the best avatar. After enough days have passed we'll see which appear to be the most popular (10?) avatars and we can use this to create a poll (someone else will have to do that 'cos I am not sure how to!)

OK, so mine is pretty rubbish; fact is this penguin actually died from swallowing the ubuntu symbol (might look pretty, but wreaks havoc in your intestines)...

Six = Instant Win !!

SomeGuyDude
September 15th, 2008, 11:15 PM
2 slashes are better then one...number 2 guitarist in my book...too bad they didnt have a jimi hendrix slash

Someone needs to work on makin' this guy into an Adium icon.

smoker
September 15th, 2008, 11:22 PM
'Free Me' used to be an Asimo robot, till she developed some self-expression and escaped the touring circuit circus her manufacturer took her on. she worries about her siblings and what will become of them. she allows me to use her pic as an avatar as she loves open source!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfaAiujrX_Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7QEU4GDrUk&feature=related
:)

djsroknrol
September 16th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Mine is a little goodie I stumbled across one day...If you are old enough to remember Lee Harvey Oswald being killed by Jack Ruby, well then you can see how someone had too much Photoshop time on their hands...:)

uberdonkey5
September 16th, 2008, 01:46 AM
I don't see it. :( ...

oops, my avatar was blank before! Anyway, should be visible now. Personally my favorite is the one from xpod so far, but definitely I have seen some other excellent avatars elsewhere...

doorknob60
September 16th, 2008, 01:47 AM
KDE 4 > Anything else :KS I win :D

niccholaspage
September 16th, 2008, 01:49 AM
My avatar Rules! (Maybe Not)
I just googled a picture of Tux And A Ubuntu Logo and put the Ubuntu Logo on the penguin.

Slythe
September 16th, 2008, 01:54 AM
it is blatantly mine :)

ken_do_san
September 16th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Mine has just been updated, it was the Hitman, but I use this new avatar more, it's a Celtic Reaper, I like it , and it looks damn good as a wallpaper on my phone :)

ken_do_san
September 16th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Noooooooo I assumed the avatar would show but it isn't, read my quote about assumption lol

GreyShadow
September 16th, 2008, 02:05 AM
puppy Linux! So easy a puppy can use it.

uberdonkey5
September 16th, 2008, 02:08 AM
puppy Linux! So easy a puppy can use it.

that is sweet (both connotations)

GreyShadow
September 16th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Actually my cat always wants to type for me. Maybe she can send her avatar next.

Corfy
September 16th, 2008, 02:50 AM
I want to toss mine into the ring, even though I don't think it is the "best".

Several years ago, I was redesigning my personal website and decided I needed a logo. I happen to like raccoons, and there aren't many raccoons used in logos, so I took a picture of one of the toy raccoons I have, worked with Photoshop to convert it and give it a cartoon look, and then placed it over two different colored "C"s that were embedded one inside the other (the "C"s were the initials of my site, Corfy's Corner). Voila, instant logo. I saved it as a JPEG in a fairly large size and resized it smaller as needed, and I started using it as an Avatar on the web.

Over the years, of course, that original logo began to degrade, especially after I lost the original, and what was large in 1999 is pretty small by today's standards.

Last year, I updated the logo by recreating it in Inkscape, so now I have a clean SVG version of it.

red_Marvin
September 16th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Mine in of my previous neighbours' cat, a very shy fellow who almost always looks angry (would make great "you've just ruined my day" cat macros).

SupaSonic
September 16th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Mine is Shirley Manson from Garbage, licking the mirror. From the video 'Push it'.

barbedsaber
September 16th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Mah face!

joninkrakow
September 16th, 2008, 11:38 AM
My car (ugly thing) with Lightnening McQueen's face PSed onto it. I made this for my 4yr old daughter, who loves, loves, loves "ka-chow"! ;-)

No big deal, but I like it. :-) although the avatar is a bit distorted somehow...

-Jon

alynx
September 16th, 2008, 11:52 AM
From the day i changed distro i got myself a breezy badger avatar. Tried hoary , but when breezy came along i stayed with kubuntu and kinda upgraded from there later on.

Might have something for me loving badgers in real life. Hard as concrete and crazy when provoced

samjh
September 16th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Let me annoy you today. ;) It's "clippy" from Microsoft Office, of course. :p

I can't remember where I got it from, unfortunately. :(

sanderella
September 16th, 2008, 12:04 PM
My hero.:-P

xpod
September 16th, 2008, 12:05 PM
oops, my avatar was blank before! Anyway, should be visible now. Personally my favorite is the one from xpod so far, but definitely I have seen some other excellent avatars elsewhere...

Thanks but whats going on with yours?
He looks like he`s lying there full of buckshot,or possibly just Buckfast.

uberdonkey5
September 16th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks but whats going on with yours?
He looks like he`s lying there full of buckshot,or possibly just Buckfast.

erm.. just sleeping. Honest.

scragar
September 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM
My current avatar is one of the classes in disgaea(I'd wanted the ninja originally, but the rips of the game sprites I looked to and nabbed this from didn't have the ninja at that time), I am planning to do a replacement of it for something a little different though, let me know what you guys think(it's craphound from the story of the same name by Cory Doctorow).

hellion0
September 16th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Mine's a sign for a highway that doesn't exist. Likely, it ended up decommissioned.

Bungo Pony
September 16th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I personally nominate zmjjmz's avatar:

http://ubuntuforums.org/customavatars/avatar379802_1.gif

notwen
September 16th, 2008, 06:56 PM
<--- tattoo i acquired back in 2004. for the smiley i've used since '94 on irc. =]

joninkrakow
September 16th, 2008, 08:41 PM
erm.. just sleeping. Honest.

'e's just pining for the fjords....

Of course, now that it comes to that, _this_ is what really happened to the penguin...

Exploding penguin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k1ccguXiws&feature=related)

uberdonkey5
September 17th, 2008, 01:08 AM
like the avatar Sef has (forum staff):

uberdonkey5
September 17th, 2008, 01:30 AM
was just trying to get an ubuntu image off the net when I came across these interesting ubuntu images, the first is used as an avatar. Apologies if this offends anyone...don't think there is really anything obscene about it.