PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Print jobs don't finish

hrgan
September 15th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I have the same problem with newest Ubuntu mentioned down. Printed page is ok, but CUPS stays always in status something like this - "Printing not finished. Waiting..."

Print jobs don't finish (6.06, Linksys PSUS4, HP LaserJet 1200)
System: Ubuntu 6.06 (everythnig default except EasyUbuntu to install audio/visual codecs), CUPS printing
Hardware: HP LaserJet 1200, using Linksys PSUS4 print server

Setting up the computer to use the printer works fine. For location of printer I use my internal address (192.168.1.100) and hit OK. Then select HP 1200 Postscript (recommended) printer and print test page. All works. The problem comes from the fact that my print jobs never "finish", so they are never removed from the pint queue and trying to print anything else just backs up behind the "printing" job that already printed until I manually cancel it. Doesn't matter what app (gedit, firefox, openoffice, pdf, etc.) I print from, same behavior. Any ideas what is going on?

(Another issue is that I have to reboot my print server if I don't print for more than an hour, this is a new issue where it seems to die, but I think it's unrelated unless this sounds farmiliar to anyone else.)

Please let me know if I forgot any setup info that you may need. Thanks for any guidence.