PDA

View Full Version : Cisco Training Meets Linux

Killer Cop
September 15th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I am taking a Cisco certification program right now at my school and I've come to chapter 2 (out of 9) which mainly is about operating systems etc. (Although I've read the whole book, I'm reading it again. :P)

At the end of each section there's usually a little test to clear things up. And here I noticed something funny but also something you would give a thought.

You can see the excercise in the attachment.

As you can see there's four questions and I have answered them all "correctly". But notice the questions :).

The first question declares some user who need a operating system which is easy to use and offers highly structured support. And the answer is "Commercial" license.

I think it's silly. Maybe the most Linux/GPL license based operating systems are bad, I don't know, but Ubuntu supports easy use and also offers structured support. I understand now that Linux/Ubuntu has a hard time to get a big market share when developers like Cisco is teaching stuff like this.

What do you think?

revleo
September 15th, 2008, 02:54 PM
yes i took the cisco curicculim meself and you just have to remember to answer it the way cisco wants regardless of whether it has any bearing on whether or not it has any bearing on IT or not pass the tests and get certified then with your new certification if someone asks you for your opinion then you can honestly say the truth and the mumbo jumbo you had to parrot back to get the certification

Killer Cop
September 15th, 2008, 02:58 PM
yes i took the cisco curicculim meself and you just have to remember to answer it the way cisco wants regardless of whether it has any bearing on whether or not it has any bearing on IT or not pass the tests and get certified then with your new certification if someone asks you for your opinion then you can honestly say the truth and the mumbo jumbo you had to parrot back to get the certification

Yeah yeah, I know.. My friend also told me that. Of course I'm answering the tests and exercises with "Cisco" glasses on, but anyway I think it's stupid.

And by the way when I come to think of it, in the book I got, they have a picture of a Gnome window and call it KDE.. :lolflag:

mips
September 15th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Just answer the question the way Cisco wants you to answer it. Your opinions or thoughts are irrelevant to them. Cisco is basically the MS of the networking world if you ask me.