PDA

View Full Version : Like my new avatar?

HousieMousie2
September 15th, 2008, 11:54 AM
This is what can come of boredom, late nights and an itch that only time spent in Gimp can fix. (Regrettably, this was done in Winduhz, since my Wacom still does not work right in Linux/Gimp... but my heart was in the right place.)

My apologies for it being of a KDE vintage... I suppose I could whip one up for Ubuntu... Gnome...

At any rate... love it? hate it? couldn't care less either way? Feel free to share.

Cheers!

lyceum
September 15th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I like it :D

Casper Hansen
September 15th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Is it your own eye :popcorn:

scragar
September 15th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I think it's far better with the KDE logo, the blues with the eye match up fantasticly.

You get top marks from me :P

Christmas
September 15th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Is it an eye? My first impression was that it looks like a Mac (eventually futuristic) monitor.

It looks nice, good job.

lswest
September 15th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah, nice avatar. Very interesting idea, and well done.

lukjad
September 15th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Very well done. It's kind of freaking me out though... :fear:

SupaSonic
September 15th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I hate closeups of eyeballs. :) Makes me nervous.

god0fgod
September 15th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Slightly scary.

-grubby
September 15th, 2008, 02:41 PM
That's a very nice avatar.

Btw what's Winduhz? ;)

HousieMousie2
September 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I like it :D

lol I guess you would! lol Looks rather like a take off of yours! lol

Thank you

HousieMousie2
September 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Is it your own eye :popcorn:

Naw, just something I snagged off of the web.

HousieMousie2
September 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I think it's far better with the KDE logo, the blues with the eye match up fantasticly.

You get top marks from me :P

Yeah, nice avatar. Very interesting idea, and well done.

Thank you both!

HousieMousie2
September 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Is it an eye? My first impression was that it looks like a Mac (eventually futuristic) monitor.

It looks nice, good job.

lol I can see why you thought that. I was concerned that I might have cropped out too much of the surrounding lashes and skin... might redo it.

Thank you

HousieMousie2
September 15th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Very well done. It's kind of freaking me out though... :fear:

I hate closeups of eyeballs. :) Makes me nervous.

Slightly scary.

lol Well... I never thought it would be unnerving. I named the jpg KDE Burn-In... so I guess it should have crossed my mind. lol

Thank you

HousieMousie2
September 15th, 2008, 03:49 PM
That's a very nice avatar.

Btw what's Winduhz? ;)

Winduhz? You might have heard of it, it's this infectious disease gripping millions of people, but you need not worry, Linux is the cure... and you already have it.

Thank you

god0fgod
September 15th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Is there a avatar rating thread anywhere?

uberdonkey5
September 15th, 2008, 05:54 PM
This is what can come of boredom, late nights and an itch that only time spent in Gimp can fix. (Regrettably, this was done in Winduhz, since my Wacom still does not work right in Linux/Gimp... but my heart was in the right place.)

My apologies for it being of a KDE vintage... I suppose I could whip one up for Ubuntu... Gnome...

At any rate... love it? hate it? couldn't care less either way? Feel free to share.

Cheers!

well, apart from it being done in windows, and it being a KDE logo (only kidding). Maybe we should have a vote for the best avatars? Like the idea, but there are some fantastic avatars out there (my not included). Can't be too critical till I've tried myself though.

HousieMousie2
September 15th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Is there a avatar rating thread anywhere?

.....Maybe we should have a vote for the best avatars? Like the idea, but there are some fantastic avatars out there (my not included). Can't be too critical till I've tried myself though.

If there isn't, there should be, sounds like an excellent idea to me too. lol I don't think mine would qualify though, I have seen too many that blow mine out of the water.

Off Topic, sorta:
I hunted around on the Kubuntu/KDE site trying to find somewhere/someone to send the image I made to them, but couldn't find anything that looked appropriate.

I will hunt around a bit and see if I can find an existing thread on the Best Avatar Vote idea.

Thanks for posting, ya'll!

Cheers!

kingbilly
September 15th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Why don't you make the kubuntu/ubuntu (i already forgot) logo a little less saturated, so it looks more like it is part of your eyeball. More part of you, less contact lens?

HousieMousie2
September 15th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Why don't you make the kubuntu/ubuntu (i already forgot) logo a little less saturated, so it looks more like it is part of your eyeball. More part of you, less contact lens?

That is how I had it to begin with actually, but thought it might look too faint to be distinguished... I'll take another look at the first one I did and see how it looks in the miniature avatar version.

Thank you