PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] vista and ubuntu 8 squeezed on a scsi 20gb hard drive

lilmale1
September 15th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I recently got this cheap computer I like from a friend. its a asus a7m266-d server i636 comp.

i got it with only one scsi 20 gb hard drive.

since i ain't got the time to buy another hard drive or find it kinda difficult find a big size one in scsi i wanted to do something different. but i do need help on partitioning the ubuntu part as my second option.

the reason, i like vista with virtual machine on ubuntu. and have fun loading drivers from all source. plus i know how to do it. easy!!

anyways, i was able to put vista in only 3 gigs but i know i need a little bit more space to install other software i might need.

so i made it half of the hard drive. i know dumm.

but i want to use virtual machine to open my ubuntu without haveing to reboot and intall drivers a new way.

so now i will install ubuntu because i know it only uses 3 gigs.
or atleast thats what google said after figuring the part out.
i'll find out after installing vista in less than 30 min.

and saving memory and space. by usinti vistalite. i found it hard over time and easy at the moment.

anyways. instead of figuring out this in the long way i wanted to ask what comfiguration like root, boot, /, and all that can i use to make it my second partition on the same hard drive.

i know its not easy but i know it can be down.

thanks for helping, in advanced.

remember saves time memory and space. and money too!