PDA

View Full Version : Be Heard by those Software companies

TorchlightJay
November 18th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Hey, I am a huge Linux fan. I use SuSE 9.2 and 10.0, Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog AMD64, ya I know I need Breezy Badger, and Xandros Deluxe 3.0. Linux is the best. I don't even miss Windows to be honest but there are some software I wish would work either way such as TaxCut or Quicken or some games. Well I am sure some of you feel the same and I know some people who'd make the switch if these familiar titles were availiable. Well now's our chance to be heard. Sign my petition and I assure you that I'll forward it to the major software vendors.

petitiononline.com/gws4l/petition.html

Sign it, pass it around, circulate it to different LUGs, Forums, Linux Users you know. I haven't posted on any mandriva forums so feel free to do that. Thank you all.

Brunellus
November 18th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Be heard: spend your money elsewhere.

Corporations aren't accountable to you unless you're a shareholder. Petitions are useless.

jc87
November 18th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Be heard: spend your money elsewhere.

Corporations aren't accountable to you unless you're a shareholder. Petitions are useless.

But petitions even if dont work , help getting the attencion of the sharehloders , and that is already a small victory.

Brunellus
November 18th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Nothing gets the attention of a shareholder like a negative balance sheet.

BWF89
If you want to make your voice heard from the software companies buy programs ported to Linux.

http://www.nero.com/en/nerolinux-prog.html

TorchlightJay
Actually I have contacts in those companies believe it or not. That's how I can assure you that I can get this to them. This petitions is not as useless as you think. I am just using it as evidence that there are people that would buy the product if it were Linux native. Though I do agree with you on one part. I read your Linux isn't Windows thing and I do hate it when people compare the too. Linux isn't Windows but it's better and if people just give it time, they can and will get used to it. Most everyone I've exposed has gotten used to it. And some people say it's confusing but you know, if you can't understand Windows that well, what made you think you'd understand Linux any better? Well I appreciate the comments and you know, I encourage you all to sign and pass around.

I do use the software ported to Linux like Nero, and Doom3 and what not. I also use the open source equivalents like Gimp or KMyMoney. I am talking about those whom would switch if the software was more readily available.

BWF89
November 18th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I do use the software ported to Linux like Nero,
Is the Linux version of Nero as extensive as the Windows version of it?

TorchlightJay
November 18th, 2005, 09:26 PM
To be honest, all in all, I never liked Nero. I prefer K3B to be honest, but I think the Linux native version is essentially the same. I don't have much experience with Nero though. I was more of a Roxio guy when I used Windows. But try it yourself and see. I

lotusleaf
November 18th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Is the Linux version of Nero as extensive as the Windows version of it?

Not even close, IMO. I found the Nero for Linux program to be quite useless when compared to K3b. But Nero for Linux is kinda new, so maybe they will improve it in the versions to come. One can always download the Nero for Linux time limited trials from time to time and watch development (if any) as it happens.

daller
November 30th, 2005, 09:58 PM
If you want to make your voice heard from the software companies buy programs ported to Linux.

http://www.nero.com/en/nerolinux-prog.html

If you use Kubuntu, please support K3b instead... (I don't know about the Gnome burner...)

poptones
November 30th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Why would you even want to run Nero in llinux? A windows port of k3b could put them out of business.

daller
November 30th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Why would you even want to run Nero in llinux? A windows port of k3b could put them out of business.

Yes, and fixing Bug#1 would put both Ahead and Microsoft out of business... :D