PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] partition wont load

Phoenix {iOTi}
September 15th, 2008, 03:56 AM
I'm trying to install ubuntu using dual boot method with windows xp (xp installed first obviously). But when i get to keyboard format screen and click next to go to the partition screen it wont load (it'll just sit at keyboard format screen with cancel as my only option) or sometimes I'll get this error " Partman failed with exit code 10. Further information may be found in /var/log/syslog. Do you want to try running this step again before continuing? If you do not, your installation may fail entirely or may be broken." I try going to the location it provides but there's no such location. When I click "Try again" on the error it goes back to the Keyboard format screen and does nothing and im not sure if clicking continue is a good idea. I've searched for older topics with the same problem and tried what they suggested but nothing worked or I had already done what they said.

Sef
September 15th, 2008, 04:16 AM
1) Did you md5sum the download?

2) Did you burn the iso at 4x or less?

3) Run 'check disk for errors' on the main menu instead of going into the live cd or installing.

Phoenix {iOTi}
September 15th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Burned at 4x and checked for errors none came back I just now did md5sum I'll re-burn and try it.

Phoenix {iOTi}
September 15th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Everything loads fine now but when I get to the partition screen there's no option to divide just format and manual. Is there a way using the manual method to keep windows xp?