PDA

View Full Version : Web Development, DJango and Symfony. Do they limit me to what hosts I can have?

dracule
September 15th, 2008, 02:40 AM
So I started fooling around w/ django over the summer. I really love python and I found django extremely easy to use.

But if I choose python, am i limited in what webhosts I can choose? I dont fully understand teh deployment side of it.

Also, If i am limited would it be better to go w/ a framework liek symfony?

LaRoza
September 15th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Any framework or language besides basic markup and client side stuff requires server configurations. The most common support is for PHP, but Perl, Python and Ruby have a lot of support also.

It would depend on what type of host you had. The easiest solution would be to use one with this stuff already available. Research your hosts.

pmasiar
September 15th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Because Python and Django are becoming so popular, there are many hosting companies specializing in hosting Python/Django (and the competition, Ruby on Rails, is even harder to get hosting for, last time I checked). Check djagoproject.org website for django-friendly hosting. Of course those might not be the cheapest hosts, but difference is minimal.

And you can do all your development on localhost, Django comes with dev web server.