PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] [SOLVED] Firefox Megaupload sigin

ee19921
September 15th, 2008, 01:43 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/account/
I can't see the login button. Probably because it is flash. Does it work for anyone else?

k33bz
September 15th, 2008, 01:48 AM
i see the login just fine.

t0p
September 15th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Strange, cos I also can't see it. And flash works for me fine on most sites.

Also, when I type in the Login and Password fields, my input is very light, almost invisible.

K33bz if you explain to the OP whereabouts on the display you see the button, maybe the OP can blindly click it?

k33bz
September 15th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Strange, cos I also can't see it. And flash works for me fine on most sites.

Also, when I type in the Login and Password fields, my input is very light, almost invisible.

K33bz if you explain to the OP whereabouts on the display you see the button, maybe the OP can blindly click it?

giv me a second and i will take a screen shot

k33bz
September 15th, 2008, 02:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/houstonkeebler/Screenshot-4.png

there yall go, I hope this lead the blind man down the right path :):popcorn:

ee19921
September 15th, 2008, 02:01 AM
I just checked. I can see the fancy "login" button in Konqueror, but not in firefox. :confused:

Yannick Le Saint kyncani
September 15th, 2008, 02:03 AM
I too can see the login button in both firefox and konqueror (using hardy).

gnuman
September 15th, 2008, 02:05 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/account/
I can't see the login button. Probably because it is flash. Does it work for anyone else?

Are you using the NoScript add-on for Firefox by any chance?

Curious.:)

t0p
September 15th, 2008, 02:05 AM
I just checked. I can see the fancy "login" button in Konqueror, but not in firefox. :confused:

I'm using firefox too. And, when I click on the area where the button should be according to k33bz's screenshot, nothing happens!!!

Is this a bug in MegaUpload's coding? Or in Firefox?

Or is it an evil conspiracy against Free software????

:p

EDIT:gnuman - I don't use no steenking adblock or noscript!! I'm 100% flashy!!

ee19921
September 15th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Nope. But I have installed Firebug and GreaseMonkey(I haven't added any script for megaupload).

Are you using the NoScript add-on for Firefox by any chance?

Curious.:)

k33bz
September 15th, 2008, 02:11 AM
I'm using firefox too. And, when I click on the area where the button should be according to k33bz's screenshot, nothing happens!!!

Is this a bug in MegaUpload's coding? Or in Firefox?

Or is it an evil conspiracy against Free software????

:p

EDIT:gnuman - I don't use no steenking adblock or noscript!! I'm 100% flashy!!

it shouldnt be a bug in either, As yall see I was at the page, and using Firefox. Firefox3 to be technical. Which has more bugs, but it shows this.
there has to be something added, or not added for some people to see the login, and for others not to see it.

If it was a bug in Firefox or in the page's coding, then this would effect everyone who went to the page with firefox.

ee19921
September 15th, 2008, 02:20 AM
it shouldnt be a bug in either, As yall see I was at the page, and using Firefox. Firefox3 to be technical. Which has more bugs, but it shows this.
there has to be something added, or not added for some people to see the login, and for others not to see it.

If it was a bug in Firefox or in the page's coding, then this would effect everyone who went to the page with firefox.

Even I am using Firefox 3, puzzles why it doesn't work for me.

Flash plugin info:
Shockwave Flash

File name: /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
Shockwave Flash 10.0.0 d525

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf Yes
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl Yes

mdsmedia
September 15th, 2008, 02:27 AM
I'm using Firefox 3 on Hardy and I see the login area.

Is it my imagination (could look back in the index but out of curiosity) are you using Kubuntu and is that possibly where the problem lies?

edit: apparently you are using Kubuntu, so no need to answer that part of the question.

Not sure what, if anything would cause a problem in Kubuntu... but then, when all the obvious answers aren't solving the issue, look in the unobvious areas.

doorknob60
September 15th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I can't see it in Firefox (I niticed it in Debian with Iceweasel aslo, I couldn't click the OK button after the CAPTCHA, but pressing enter worked, I'd try that). Otherwise,, I'd suggest another browser, of course if enter doesn't work.

ee19921
September 15th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I can't see it in Firefox (I niticed it in Debian with Iceweasel aslo, I couldn't click the OK button after the CAPTCHA, but pressing enter worked, I'd try that). Otherwise,, I'd suggest another browser, of course if enter doesn't work.

yeah, I never see the OK button either for CAPTCHA and have been using enter key. But that doesn't work in that login page.

I found a work around. If I use the initial account activation link I logs me in.

Thanks for the replies!