PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is there any way to run Torq on Ubuntu?

kevinm86
September 14th, 2008, 10:06 PM
please,
is there any way to run Torq on ubuntu?

northern lights
September 14th, 2008, 10:09 PM
While I have no idea what Torq is, assuming that it's a Windows application/game, it might be possible to run it either via WINE or a virtual machine such as VMWare or VBox.

kevinm86
September 14th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Torq is a DJ software that comes with this piece of hardware called the M-Audio Xponent
but how exactly should i run it?
like i have torq installed already but i open it and nothing happens

northern lights
September 14th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Where do you have it installed?

What binary did you install from?

kevinm86
September 14th, 2008, 10:38 PM
It is currently on my desktop

and it didnt have any binaries probably because i had it on my flash drive and installed it with WINE

jasonsexton
April 9th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I am in the same situation. I have installed Torq via Wine and when I run the program, nothing happens. I have a feeling that it is related to the Connectiv. After doing some research, I am starting to believe that it is not possible to run Torq DJ through the Connectiv under Wine. The Connectiv acts as both a USB audio interface and a dongle. I tried installing the Windows drivers for the connectiv under Wine and it would not allow me to do so. If anyone has any suggestions for this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!

pompeyjohn
January 2nd, 2010, 04:48 AM
Any update on running Torq in Ubuntu? I am guessing a Virtual Machine might be the only way, but it would be slow to the point of unusable :(

Max_Mackie
January 2nd, 2010, 05:19 AM
I dont think you'll get anywhere using Wine, seeing as Torq isn't in WineHQ's database. However I've read that TerminatorX and Ubuntu Studio (http://www.ubuntustudio.org/) can do some of the same things and might be compatible with your hardware.