PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Deleting threads.

LinuxFox
September 14th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I have a question about deleting a thread. I accidentally posted a topic without realizing there was a sticky about it. I notice there's no delete button under edit.

Is there anyway to delete it? Please help and sorry about posting the topic. :oops:

Elfy
September 14th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Hi - you can't delete threads - mods and admins can though. I shouldn't worry too much about it though - if you put a link to it in your post then if they wanted to do so they'd know which one.

LinuxFox
September 14th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Hi - you can't delete threads - mods and admins can though. I shouldn't worry too much about it though - if you put a link to it in your post then if they wanted to do so they'd know which one.Ok, thanks. Since you suggest putting the link here, here it is...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=919716

I basically made a topic about custom Live CDs, but then I noticed the sticky. Any mods please delete it and thanks. :)

Oldsoldier2003
September 14th, 2008, 11:28 PM
In the future just hit the report button, reports from the OP requesting deletion are almost always considered favorably and acted upon. Laroza locked it earlier having seen the thread, but at your request I'll delete it.

LaRoza
September 14th, 2008, 11:42 PM
In the future just hit the report button, reports from the OP requesting deletion are almost always considered favorably and acted upon. Laroza locked it earlier having seen the thread, but at your request I'll delete it.

No, I locked it from seeing this thread just didn't say so.

Usually, we don't delete posts unless they reall need it.

LinuxFox
September 14th, 2008, 11:48 PM
In the future just hit the report button, reports from the OP requesting deletion are almost always considered favorably and acted upon. Laroza locked it earlier having seen the thread, but at your request I'll delete it.I didn't know that. I thought reporting always were for people who breaks rules. I'll make sure to do that next time. Thanks.

LaRoza
September 15th, 2008, 12:33 AM
I didn't know that. I thought reporting always were for people who breaks rules. I'll make sure to do that next time. Thanks.

See the Guide to Forum Features sticky (link in my sig also) about reporting.

Although the report page says only for certain reasons, there are more reasons to use it.

LinuxFox
September 15th, 2008, 03:26 AM
See the Guide to Forum Features sticky (link in my sig also) about reporting.

Although the report page says only for certain reasons, there are more reasons to use it.Thanks, I took the time to read those. It's cool how people are helpful on this forum :)

LaRoza
September 15th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Thanks, I took the time to read those. It's cool how people are helpful on this forum :)

That is what you (will) pay for. :evil:

LinuxFox
September 15th, 2008, 04:40 AM
That is what you (will) pay for. :evil:What do you mean pay for? I was just saying it's cool how people are helpful. (I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, I'm just a bit confused)

LaRoza
September 15th, 2008, 04:57 AM
What do you mean pay for? I was just saying it's cool how people are helpful. (I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, I'm just a bit confused)

Its a joke, sorry.

It is a joke on people thinking they are getting free tech support, but will be billed later.