PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] diskmounter

Higatron
September 14th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Using some googling, I found the program diskmounter, which I could use to auto mount my second hard drive. The problem is that it's an NTFS hard drive, which is automatically mounted to read only. Is there a way to change this to make it writable? if not, how do I disable diskmounter?

k33bz
September 14th, 2008, 07:00 PM
In the synaptic manager there is a program called "ntfs-config" You could use this program to read and write your ntfs drives

1/0
September 14th, 2008, 07:04 PM
You don't need external programs to mount partitions. All you need to do is either add the partition/drive in /etc/fstab (man fstab for info) or use a gui equivalent such as gparted.

Install ntfs-config for read/write support.

Higatron
September 14th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Followed 1/0's advice, didn't work the way I thought it would, it renamed my third hard drive (the one I use for xp) and then when it was all done, I could write on the hard drive I wanted to. So it works fine. Thanks.

Bucky Ball
September 14th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Cool. Don't forget to mark the thread as solved (Thread Tools) so others might come here to explore and hopefully fix their probs. :)

1/0
September 14th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Followed 1/0's advice, didn't work the way I thought it would, it renamed my third hard drive (the one I use for xp) and then when it was all done, I could write on the hard drive I wanted to. So it works fine. Thanks.

Great! Glad it worked out.