PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Inverted colours on Firefox Ubuntu?

Youbuntoo44
September 13th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Heyy guys I dropped something on my keyboard, it hit some buttons and now my Firefox window's colours are totally inverted! It's awesome and I wanna know the key combination to doing this and how to Un-Invert it back. I have a video on Youtube of this behavior... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVZ4iGxKS1Y

Youbuntoo44
September 13th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Oo I figured it out guys It's Windows logo+M for all windows and +N for a single window.

bbjeg
June 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks, I just did the same thing.

aonaran
February 15th, 2010, 06:22 PM
That was totally weird and scared the crap out of me. Thanks for figuring this out.

mister_playboy
February 16th, 2010, 09:46 AM
This is actually a Compiz feature... very helpful for working at night.

josepaul
February 16th, 2010, 10:02 AM
This is actually a Compiz feature... very helpful for working at night.

oh, :) Is that what its for? I haven't realised, I just thought it was just another one of those pointless things for show

dE_logics
February 16th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Install compiz setting manager for more such effects.

t85us
February 16th, 2010, 10:17 AM
it's not just a compiz feature, if you have a better video card, the system will enable extra desktop effects (System->Preferences->Appereance->Visual effects)
this extra effect it's good when it's dark :)
windows key+M = invert ALL your colours
windows key+N = invert JUST your active windows' colors

mcduck
February 16th, 2010, 10:46 AM
it's not just a compiz feature, if you have a better video card, the system will enable extra desktop effects (System->Preferences->Appereance->Visual effects)
this extra effect it's good when it's dark :)
windows key+M = invert ALL your colours
windows key+N = invert JUST your active windows' colors

Yes, and that means exactly that it's a Compiz feature. The "desktop effects" is Compiz.

Anyway, the purpose of this feature is that many people find white text on black background easier on eyes, even more so when working in dimly lit environments. While using a dark theme helps a bit, most of the web paes, for example, still use white background and black text. Changing to negative colors solves this.

eph2
June 22nd, 2011, 09:58 AM
Hello,

i have now 11.04 Ubuntu (fresh install). On Firefox and Thunderbird some images looks weird like this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7580049/vaaratvarit.jpg

There is no problem when i view same page with Opera or Chromium.

Do you guys think that reinstalling firefox and thunderbird should help or is it something in settings?

Thanks.

BLTicklemonster
August 4th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Dat gummit! I just accidentally did this and thought my video card and dweebed out on me! I took a screeny to post on here, but it was normal, so I knew another pesky keybind had reared it's ugly head! Thanks for posting this... whew.

ode.to.skynet
September 2nd, 2011, 01:18 AM
I am having a similar issue. It is affecting SOME (10%) images in firefox. Thus far it looks like it is only firefox. I just got this laptop, and I installed 11.04 on it. Some pages it displays everything inverted, some pages just a few images. The attached pic is a screenshot of this thread showing one pic inverted, and one not. Tried every shortcut I can think of. Please help...

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3034/screenshotaeu.png