PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to do a clean install unsucessful..

hitboy
September 13th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Hello I have a Compaq presario v2000 I have been trying to install ubuntu for the last 6 hours with no success.. I am not sure why it is not working but every time during the install the installer seems to freeze.

For example:
Case A - froze at 65% during the software installation.
Case B - froze at 19% on the final installation step.

This happens in many other cases during the install. It simply freezes and just stops the installation all together.

I created the bootable CD following the documentation on the website. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

cdwillis
September 13th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Maybe there is an error on the disk from when you burnt it? You could try burning another copy of the install disk. Maybe someone else can chime in with a better suggestion.:)

Sef
September 13th, 2008, 04:46 PM
1) Have you md5summed the download?

2) Have you burned the iso at 4x or less?

3) Could be a bad disk too.

oilchangeguy
September 13th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Hello I have a Compaq presario v2000 I have been trying to install ubuntu for the last 6 hours with no success.. I am not sure why it is not working but every time during the install the installer seems to freeze.

For example:
Case A - froze at 65% during the software installation.
Case B - froze at 19% on the final installation step.

This happens in many other cases during the install. It simply freezes and just stops the installation all together.

I created the bootable CD following the documentation on the website. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

computer specs please.

hitboy
September 13th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Maybe there is an error on the disk from when you burnt it? You could try burning another copy of the install disk. Maybe someone else can chime in with a better suggestion.:)

I think the cd is fine I believe..

1) Have you md5summed the download?

2) Have you burned the iso at 4x or less?

3) Could be a bad disk too.

1) Yes
2) I am not sure about the speed I burned it at
3) I believe this may be a possibility

computer specs please.

What information should I give you? Hard drive, Ram etc?