PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.10 is nothing but problems, how to revert to 8.04?

N00b-un-2
September 13th, 2008, 02:47 AM
I downloaded the new version of Ubuntu, and I'm having NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS with it, mainly with my network settings. My computers won't connect to each other over the network, I keep on having to reset the settings on my wifi cards, and I can't get either of my computers to recognize my printer anymore. I'm sure that version 8.10 will be great once they get the bugs worked out of it, but for now I want to revert back to 8.04 because I had my systems working just fine.
Is there any way to do this without having to reinstall with the CD? If I do install with the CD will I lose the data on my hard drive?

Pumalite
September 13th, 2008, 02:52 AM
8.10 is in development. Try again with the Final Release in October. If you want 8.04, save your data and do a clean install on top of 8.10

iaculallad
September 13th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Best Solution: Backup all your important data to other partition/flash drive and do a fresh install of Hardy.

Sef
September 13th, 2008, 03:01 AM
If I do install with the CD will I lose the data on my hard drive?

If you have a separate home partition, you may not lose your data upon reinstall; if you don't, you definately will. Either way back up your data. There are no guarantees that everything will go 100% right.