PDA

View Full Version : Hope for @#!!#+ forum users?

gldearman
September 12th, 2008, 10:34 PM
So, about a half-hour ago, in this thread, I was ranting about a user I thought was a troll. A very nice forum staff member advised me to report him.

So, I go away to cool down, read the forum code of conduct to make sure he is really out of line, surf the web a little, and then make up my mind that I've gotta report this guy.

So, I come back to the Ubuntu Fora page. By amazing coincidence, the most recent post in the fora was by the user in question. I click on the link.

In his post, he is apologizing to someone. And admitting responsibility for a misstatement.

So, maybe he was just socially-challenged, and in need of help. And maybe he has changed his ways, and realized he's going to get more help by playing nice with the other kids.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and not report him (at least, unless he goes back to trolling and crosses my path again). It's nice not to be the tattle-tale running to teacher, anyway.

Anyway, if y'all were in need of an inspiring story today, here it is:

"Troll Turns Over a New Leaf"

I hope. I may keep an eye on him, just to be sure.

SZF2001
September 12th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Quick someone call Time magazine we all care.

LaRoza
September 12th, 2008, 11:03 PM
There is nothing wrong with reporting. Nothing happens when you report (well, staff read it) and we get many reports. Please do not make threads on it...