PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Anaphraseus - computer assisted translations for OOo

bwebb
September 12th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Is there anyone out there familiar with Anaphraseus the computer assisted translation tool for Open Office WP? It seems that it could be a very useful tool for translators and linguists.

I installed the extension on my Open Office word processor but I cannot set it up since I get the error message: OpenBasic error in 'Reading exceeds EOF.' Line 25

I'm quite new to Linux... so, I'm still going through trial and error.

Any suggestions?

Here's more info about Anaphaseus:
http://www.fanaticattack.com/2008/turn-openofficeorg-into-a-lean-mean-cat-machine-with-anaphraseus.html

SunnyRabbiera
September 12th, 2008, 06:16 PM
is this a add on for Open office?
This may be a java issue, but lets see what kind of thing we are dealing with here.

bwebb
September 12th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Yup, it is an add-on to OOo WP.

SunnyRabbiera
September 12th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I would suggest in synaptic removing the open jdk packages and installing normal java.
If you are unsure how to work synaptic, it is very simple.
If you need directions just ask, synaptic is located under system> administration > synaptic

bwebb
September 13th, 2008, 12:26 AM
After installing the add-on to the OOo's Word Processor, I get an error when I try to set up the Anaphraseus. The error window is "BASIC runtime error. Reading exceeds EOF."

The macros and dialogs window opens up and shows me a line where the problem seems to be. This is the line I see:
Line Input #iFile, S

What should I do?

bwebb
September 16th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Not sure what I did but it seems to work now. Just have to figure out how to use it.

esperantisto
October 2nd, 2008, 07:46 AM
I think, this article may be useful: http://www.fanaticattack.com/2008/turn-openofficeorg-into-a-lean-mean-cat-machine-with-anaphraseus.html

It contains almost a full description of workflow (as Anaphraseus does not have too many features so far :) )

lion9
April 12th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I have received the same mistake. Guys, any ideas?

lion9
April 12th, 2010, 04:54 PM
It seems that deleting "anaphraseus" folder from .openoffice/3/user/ helped to manage the problem. Now I am able again to create TMs and choose them from the existing ones.

little_penguin
April 28th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Deleting the folder worked for me too. Thanks.