PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Ike and Gas Prices/Supply

markthecarp
September 12th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Hi All,

I'm starting this thread to attempt to track gas prices and supply ahead of and in the wake of Ike. My signature gives my area but to be more precise I'm in Winston-Salem, NC. At my corner Wilco regular was $3.56 this morning. On her way to work this morning my wife called and reported the Wilco in East Bend, NC was at $3.75; that's about 12 miles west.

I heard on NPR radio that "The Pantry" chain was limiting purchases to 10 gallons. Also from their reporting is sounds as though evacuation efforts are going much more smoothly than with Rita in '05.

What are others seeing in their area? Any dramatic price increases before the monster even makes landfall?

-mark

Whiffle
September 12th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Considering how much Houston is pretty much the center of the oil and refining industry in this country, I'm not at all surprised to see gas prices go up. I filled up a few nights ago, so I'm good to go for a few weeks.

I think evacuation is going smoother. One reason I heard is that the authorities didn't set any evacuation routes, so its more spread out.