PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Two Gutsy Gibbons

rosswmcgee
September 12th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I run two Ubuntu computers. Recently one has slowed down in everything I try to do. The other is like always very quick. what can I do to find the problem causing this slowing of speed?

waspbr
September 12th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Could you perhaps post the specs of both computers?

Vivaldi Gloria
September 12th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I run two Ubuntu computers. Recently one has slowed down in everything I try to do. The other is like always very quick. what can I do to find the problem causing this slowing of speed?

Try giving the command "top" in a terminal to find out if there is an app which slows it down.

BenAshton24
September 12th, 2008, 04:07 PM
no idea, sorry you're going to have to be more specific, what are the specs of the computers and what have you installed / done to the one that has slowed down a lot recently.

Hope i can help...
Ben. :D

rosswmcgee
September 12th, 2008, 04:13 PM
The only difference I can think of is that the slower computer A: has always been faster, but now is slower, both are upgrades, not clean installs.

rosswmcgee
September 12th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Interesting command not sure what the info means though.

SunnyRabbiera
September 12th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Interesting command not sure what the info means though.

well if you post it perhaps we can translate

LowSky
September 12th, 2008, 04:44 PM
what delktop do the computers use (gnome/kde/xfce)
what are the systems specs of both machine
what exactly seems slower?

rosswmcgee
September 12th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I had one computer hand made, so I do not know the other now slower one was made by Silent Computers in Seattle, don't know that either, I just know that the faster one is now the slower one. Booting up Firefox is slower, getting to web sites is slower.

rosswmcgee
September 14th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Silly me, cleared Firefox cookies and al is well.:)