PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] i cannot get rid of the fprot symbol and i ..

georgegerm
September 12th, 2008, 04:27 AM
:guitar:i cannot get rid of the fprot symbol and i cannot also get rid of the xprot... i think it was the xprot1.18 or so... file as it is locked and allows now changes i belive one hangs with the other... fprot is unisntalled... it is in my home dir /home/jorge2/ and i cannot change anything to erase it,,, help

second after i updated yesterday i had avast running well as well as updating and everything was just fine,, just fine.. to good to be true
but know ic annot update something about ssl not having been on ..
sorry for the vague statement i do not have my laptop here and horror of horrors i am on a win xp pc

but do not fear i shall ubu till my laptop drops me or i her
thanks
ps. i have windows junk i control thats why the need for the anti virus

georgegerm
September 12th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Help:ks

cariboo
September 12th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to get rid of the f-spot symbol, if you mean getting rid of the icon in the graphics menu, just right click Applications, then click Edit Menus. Next click Graphics and remove the check mark from beside F-spot. Be aware that fspot is a core part of gnome, so you will probably still get updates for it.

You have to post the error message you are getting once you get back to your laptop. In the future if something like this happens, I would suggest always have a notebook with you to write down what you have done, this has saved my butt many times to resolve a problem.

Jim

georgegerm
September 13th, 2008, 01:14 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to get rid of the f-spot symbol, if you mean getting rid of the icon in the graphics menu, just right click Applications, then click Edit Menus. Next click Graphics and remove the check mark from beside F-spot. Be aware that fspot is a core part of gnome, so you will probably still get updates for it.

You have to post the error message you are getting once you get back to your laptop. In the future if something like this happens, I would suggest always have a notebook with you to write down what you have done, this has saved my butt many times to resolve a problem.

Jim

not fspot but f-prot the anti virus
but it works...
yet how do i get rid of them permanently
and it also has to make the desktop symbols a folder under /home/jorge2 called xfprot-1.18 i cannot delete or unistalled even if f-prot is gone