PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Does anyone know how to make Kopete's background transparent?

tarahmarie
September 12th, 2008, 04:13 AM
?

tarahmarie
September 13th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Are there any themes that will do so? I know that Pidgin has transparent themes; have any of them been ported to Linux?

tarahmarie
September 25th, 2008, 11:33 AM
bump

Orange_and_Green
September 25th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Hello Tarahmarie :KS

If you are running compiz, holding down <ALT> and rolling the mouse wheel will progressively make the active window translucent.

Have a try, good luck:KS

tarahmarie
September 25th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks! I actually wasn't looking to make the whole windows transparent; I want to make just the background transparent, I have a transparent Konsole, like this:

http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/4636/transparentkde1ci.jpg

Can I do the same with Kopete?

tarahmarie
November 5th, 2008, 08:33 AM
bump

wardrich
November 5th, 2008, 08:39 AM
It seems to me there was a plugin or something like that that you could use to get it transparent, so only the names of contacts were showing... I don't remember where I saw it, I think *maybe* it was a feature coming out in a newer version of Kopete.

I may have seen it on kde-look.org. It was a few years ago I saw it.

tarahmarie
November 5th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I have looked and looked, and I simply cannot find a transparent theme for Kopete. I'd make it myself if I knew how.

wardrich
November 5th, 2008, 08:45 AM
found it. It's called Desklist.

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=32089

that's what you're looking for, right?

ajay.cse.nitjsr
November 5th, 2008, 08:50 AM
why you are crazy????????????????????????:lolflag:

wardrich
November 5th, 2008, 09:00 AM
why you are crazy????????????????????????:lolflag:

Why?

tarahmarie
November 5th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Unfortunately Desklist is for KDE 3.4; I'm running 4.1.2.

Thanks anyway, though.

wardrich
November 5th, 2008, 09:22 AM
aww crap... I was all excited because I thought I found what you were lookin' for :( :P. Is there no way to get it to run on 4.1.2?

tarahmarie
November 29th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Doesn't seem like it.

Does ANYONE know how to get Kopete to be transparent?

tarahmarie
December 2nd, 2008, 10:33 PM
bump

tarahmarie
December 10th, 2008, 09:27 AM
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

katoiam
May 18th, 2010, 12:03 PM
bump
I would really like to be able to have transparency in kopete as well

tarahmarie
June 17th, 2010, 04:47 AM
bump

StephanG
August 9th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Hey :)

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I use Bespin. (See the pics for what my desktop looks like).

Its a widget style and window decoration for KDE. You're going to have to compile the latest version yourself, but there should be several howto's scattered across the internet.

The blurring (highly recommended) needs KDE SC 4.5 or greater, so unless you're comfortable using a Release Candidate I would suggest waiting for 4.5 to be released. (Its being released tomorrow, and kubuntu packages should follow soon after.)

You should also know that if you don't like Bespin, you can use Qtcurve instead of Bespin. It also supports transparency since version 1.5.1. I find Bespin more user friendly, but Qtcurve supports GTK apps.

In case you want to try it, I'm including the .deb packages for Qtcurve. I can't quite remember where I dug them up.

Anyway, I hope that helps. ^_^

P.S. If you want to use Qtcurve, I suggest looking for a good qtcurve theme. Its a lot easier to load preconfigured settings than it is to set everything yourself.