PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Gstreamer exp?(maybe C++ related)

SledgeHammer_999
September 12th, 2008, 12:49 AM
I am experimenting with gstreamer and gtkmm, thus I am mixing C and C++. I have a particular problem. These are the code snippets:

main_window.h

#include <gst/gst.h>
class main_window: public Gtk::Window
{
protected:
void play_file();
static bool feature_filter(GstPlugin *plugin, main_window *data);
};

main_window.cpp

#include "main_window.h"

void main_window::play_file()
{
GList* lst;
lst = gst_registry_plugin_filter(gst_registry_get_defaul t(), (GstPluginFilter) feature_filter, false, this);
gst_plugin_list_free(lst);
}

bool main_window::feature_filter(GstPlugin *plugin, main_window *data)
{
const gchar* name = gst_plugin_get_name(plugin);
GstElementFactory* factory = gst_element_factory_find(name);
g_print("i found something");
const gchar* klass = gst_element_factory_get_klass(factory);
gst_object_unref (GST_OBJECT(factory));
if (g_strrstr(klass, "Demuxer") != NULL) return true;
return false;
}

The function gst_registry_plugin_filter() calls main_window::feature_filter() and builds a GList*. The problem lies within main_window::feature_filter(). The program hangs forever trying to execute this line GstElementFactory* factory = gst_element_factory_find(name);. I know because the "g_print" never gets called. During this hanging time there is no cpu activity it just sits there. If I put the almost same line GstElementFactory* factory = gst_element_factory_find("avidemux"); in main_window::play_file() the function is called without problems.

PS. even if I change name to "avidemux" the command hungs in main_window::feature_filter()

Is this a problem with mixing C and C++? Is this a problem of Gstreamer? Did I forget something? (and yes I am noob).

SledgeHammer_999
September 12th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Bump

SledgeHammer_999
September 12th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I got the answer from irc (#gstreamer)--->__tim: you can't use gst_element_factory_find() from within a feature filter, it probably tries to take the default registry's lock again (which is already taken when your callback is called)