PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help me change my pc

alejobar
September 11th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I have on computer in my house that I use to dual boot vista and hardy, but lately I just decided to erase vista and just keep ubuntu.

My problem is that I don't want to reinstall hardy because I will loos all my settings, customization and the mos important my wireless driver which cost me a lot of time to make it work.

I split the hard drive in two, first partition is for vista, second partition is for ubuntu with 512mb of swap, and grub is taking care of the dual booting.

So how can I safely erase vista, resize my disk to give all the space to hardy and keep my settings???

Or at least theres a way to save my drivers and settings, reinstal ubuntu and the restore my settings and drivers?

Thanks in advance for your help:)

oilchangeguy
September 11th, 2008, 11:19 PM
I have on computer in my house that I use to dual boot vista and hardy, but lately I just decided to erase vista and just keep ubuntu.

My problem is that I don't want to reinstall hardy because I will loos all my settings, customization and the mos important my wireless driver which cost me a lot of time to make it work.

I split the hard drive in two, first partition is for vista, second partition is for ubuntu with 512mb of swap, and grub is taking care of the dual booting.

So how can I safely erase vista, resize my disk to give all the space to hardy and keep my settings???

Or at least theres a way to save my drivers and settings, reinstal ubuntu and the restore my settings and drivers?

Thanks in advance for your help:)

use the partiton manager found on the live cd to delete the vista partition, and resize the ubuntu partition to use the unallocated space. make sure not to delete any vista restore partition, if there is one.