PDA

View Full Version : I never thought that a normal user could be influenced so easy...

Sycron
September 11th, 2008, 04:34 PM
This is a conversation with a person on my buddylist. I don't know this person but i just never thought this.

(06:28:09 PM) dragos_candrea29: Who is gonna give me a Adobe Photoshop CS3 serial?
(06:28:24 PM) Sycron | fun.rambase.ro: use GIMP
(06:28:30 PM) dragos_candrea29: what?
(06:28:38 PM) Sycron | fun.rambase.ro: gimp.org
(06:28:46 PM) dragos_candrea29: aaa
(06:28:50 PM) dragos_candrea29: why?
(06:28:51 PM) dragos_candrea29: ?
(06:29:01 PM) Sycron | fun.rambase.ro: :|
(06:29:10 PM) Sycron | fun.rambase.ro: you don't need anymore serial..
(06:29:12 PM) Sycron | fun.rambase.ro: and crack
(06:29:14 PM) Sycron | fun.rambase.ro: and ********
(06:30:06 PM) Sycron | fun.rambase.ro: you also have tutorials for beginner intermediate expert photo editing and web
(06:30:19 PM) dragos_candrea29: :)
(06:30:22 PM) dragos_candrea29: 10x buddy

tuxxy
September 11th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Im certain CS3 also runs through WINE if he has to go back to CS

Sycron
September 11th, 2008, 04:41 PM
He's using Windows right now... otherwise he could handle this alone... He is a Joey Sixpack if you understand , those guys that use only pirated software.

eotakos
September 11th, 2008, 05:09 PM
i don't think it's them to blame... most of them didn't have the opportunity to discover open source stuff. that's the only way they know how to use a computer. i used to be like this... until the first live-cd fell into my hands.

Sycron
September 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Enjoy your stay. :D

Some of normal users still blame Linux even if they don't use it at least 5 minutes...and this is not fun.

eotakos
September 11th, 2008, 05:45 PM
i don't know what's your opinion about this, but when i'm in a discussion about OSs and i find that the co-speaker/s are not willing to listen, i stop trying to communicate. Really - i've learned that there's no point!

here's an example - i'm currently studying computational physics... which means that the computer is tool of work - i'm with some fellow students and i'm listening to their discussion about desktop appearance. and i say "hey - guys! why don't you try a linux distribution - the desktop is highly customizable, you can literally do with it anything you want! you can make it look like vista, leapard, make a hybrid of your own, make it look like the 60s.. anything!" and the answer i get is with extra irony and a up-pointing nose, and it goes like this:
"the point is to have a OS that will run stuff..." the guy obviously meant that it might look nice, but linux doesn't run things...

as you anderstand, according to what i've rote above, the conversation ended at this point, because i didn't think i had to explain anything to the "all-knowing hacker" i had in front of me. and these are people who are using computers many years now, knowing their way around but only with the piraty software. if it doesn't click-install-run it's not good - that's their spirit.

Sycron
September 11th, 2008, 05:56 PM
What you sayd is called preach. Linux must NEVER preached. Yes I do fully understand what you are trying to say, but as you can see in that discussion I did not told him "Hey use that damn GIMP, forget Photoshop!" He is usign GIMP right now just because he decided that.

eotakos
September 11th, 2008, 06:05 PM
yes! sure! your buddy is willing to change and you've just helped him make his first step! - what i rote before was referring to this:

Some of normal users still blame Linux even if they don't use it at least 5 minutes...and this is not fun.

Dragonbite
September 11th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Linux means freedom, the problem is most users don't know what freedom is or what to do with it!

Kernel Sanders
September 11th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Should have directed him to Paint.NET tbh

zmjjmz
September 11th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Chances are, if someone needs to pirate Photoshop, they don't need Photoshop.

simtaalo
September 11th, 2008, 08:28 PM
most users just want a program that does what they want, they're not generally concerned with the politics of open-source gimp over pirated photoshop. if you show them something which does what they want AND they dont have to mess around with crackz/serial nums then all the better.